TilghmanPride

Open Job: Paducah Tilghman

49 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

No idea what coaching qualifications Robinson has, but rumor is he had the backing of a big PT booster. I would be shocked if he isn’t the next PT head coach. Have heard rumblings of this around WKY the past few weeks. 

Great job by Coach Smith. Class man who got a raw deal. 

The big PT booster is also the grandfather of their young QB.

35 minutes ago, Harry Doyle said:

The big PT booster is also the grandfather of their young QB.

It’s actually his dad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

It’s actually his dad.

Although his dad's influence isn't the reason the young qb played as a Freshman, he's definitely a legit player, people that think he hasn't played a big role around the program would be very naive.

4 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Although his dad's influence isn't the reason the young qb played as a Freshman, he's definitely a legit player, people that think he hasn't played a big role around the program would be very naive.

He’s pulled a lot of strings around the program in the last year and a half.

• Like 1

Just now, R1 sports fan said:

You better believe it. I've been in on some very interesting conversations about this very thing. Some people are thrilled about it, some hate it with a passion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

IlliterateCheeryKingfisher-small.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

This runs deeper then Coach Smith as well.

Can you expand on that?

5 minutes ago, barrel said:

Can you expand on that?

The connection to the aforementioned booster runs through most of the athletic department.

• Like 2

Scuttlebutt in Western Kentucky is former PT HC Randy Wyatt & Christian County Head Coach Steve Lovelace are the two most talked about names for PT.. Lovelace would be a home run hire for PT in my opinion. Much better coach then the last few years have indicated. 

Lovelace has won one game in the last two years. I don’t think he would be considered. Why would he be a homerun hire? Good guy but has not won much lately. Wyatt might want some more but who knows. He left last time for some anger issues? He was a great coach but was hard to get along with. 

3 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

Lovelace has won one game in the last two years. I don’t think he would be considered. Why would he be a homerun hire? Good guy but has not won much lately. Wyatt might want some more but who knows. He left last time for some anger issues? He was a great coach but was hard to get along with. 

Really good record outside of the past two seasons, which coincide with being in the same district as BG & SW. 

Hearing that a decision might be coming soon. Any new names being considered? They are keeping this close to home?