Male - 2021 Schedule

Had a coach tell me the other day that 7on7 football isn’t relevant to getting exposure & that it’s meaningless to the sport. 

Such an “old school” way of thinking & it’s that attitude that explains why, even though it a powerhouse school, they don’t have more athletes offered.

• 4 weeks later...

I could see a private school making this type trip but I’m surprised a public school is making this trip. I’ve read on some of these posts about how 2 hours is just to long a trip and then we see this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I could see a private school making this type trip but I’m surprised a public school is making this trip. I’ve read on some of these posts about how 2 hours is just to long a trip and then we see this.

Male is not "most public schools." Top flight programs are always on the lookout for marquee opponents. Way, way back in the day, "Newport Public" scheduled one game a year in cities like Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, and was travelling to Louisville to play Male and/or Manual on a yearly basis.

Coach Wolfe is on record that this year's team is special. Tigerpride94's post proves that Male, when it was a national power in the past, also scheduled ambitiously. Great move by High to pick up the John Curtis game.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:35 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

On 2/16/2021 at 2:40 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Not furthest they’ve traveled for a game. This is pic of undefeated 1937 Bulldogs in Miami. My grandfather was RB on team and I got this pic out of his scrapbook he made that year.

B9761CF1-EA7E-45D1-BD90-EA5A4F9FBDC2.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...