Bucs at Packers (NFC Championship) Thoughts/Predictions

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bucs
    • Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

I am hoping the Packers are able to come through. One of the best kept secrets is how poorly the Packers and/or Rodgers have performed in the playoffs since their Superbowl appearance 10 years ago. Crazy to think this is the first time Rodgers has hosted an NFC title game in his tenure. They've been a #1 seed before, but have lost prior to this round.

Tampa beat down Green Bay earlier this season and Rodgers was horrendous in that game. Hoping the home field advantage comes through.

It obviously won't be like the regular season meeting between the two; you can't expect Rodgers to throw multiple INTs in a game. This environment won't effect Tom Brady; he has played into too many big games and various types of weather. Can he raise the play of those around him who have never been there before? Antonio Brown has been ruled out, which means Scotty Miller will get me time. That also takes away (AB) a player who has been in these post season environments as well. 

The Bucs have the best rushing defense in the NFL, and if they can live up to that on Sunday I see that being a huge benefit for their defense and young secondary. Devin White is a young stud, and LaVonte David is a consistent veteran who has been waiting for this moment since being drafted by the Bucs. I think the defense for the Bucs will make enough stops to give the Bucs offense the opporuntiy to make plays and ultimately score enough to beat the Packers and advance to the Super Bowl in the friendly confines of Raymond James Stadium. 

Bucs win 28-23

On 1/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, bugatti said:

I am hoping the Packers are able to come through. One of the best kept secrets is how poorly the Packers and/or Rodgers have performed in the playoffs since their Superbowl appearance 10 years ago. Crazy to think this is the first time Rodgers has hosted an NFC title game in his tenure. They've been a #1 seed before, but have lost prior to this round.

Tampa beat down Green Bay earlier this season and Rodgers was horrendous in that game. Hoping the home field advantage comes through.

My buddy, who is a Bears fan, will tell you the Packers are one of the most overrated teams in professional sports because of this.

I hope they pull it out tomorrow and 2 weeks from tomorrow.

17 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think I saw a stat today, when teams meet again in the Conference Championship, the team that won in the regular season win again 58% of the time.

Counter to that, since the merger only one team that has lost by 28+ in the regular season and avenged their loss in the conference title game.