JCPS Approves Winter Sports Plan

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Glad this guy didn’t get his way.

In my opinion, Dr Kolb was being very aggressive and seemed to get somewhat angry. It seemed like he was trying to make it out as if you voted to move forward, then you are a bad person.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am so happy for the students in the JCPS.

Time to get this season rolling!!

Totally agree with this, but what has changed from a Covid pandemic standpoint between Jan 1 and now?  Zero other than denying JCPS sports to move forward. 

I will obviously support this decision but why could it not have been made earlier if this was always going to be the outcome?  .  

I guess I'm just looking for accountability. Did you use the first vote as a sacrificial lamb vote to "appear" concerned for the virus knowing you'd turn right around and vote to play with the exact same virus data at present?  Fair question. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Totally agree with this, but what has changed from a Covid pandemic standpoint between Jan 1 and now?  Zero other than denying JCPS sports to move forward. 

I will obviously support this decision but why could it not have been made earlier if this was always going to be the outcome?  .  

I guess I'm just looking for accountability. Did you use the first vote as a sacrificial lamb vote to "appear" concerned for the virus knowing you'd turn right around and vote to play with the exact same virus data at present?  Fair question. 

What changed was a lot of pressure from parents and coaches. Seeing all the private schools in Louisville playing plus rest of state had to have impact.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BBN_34 said:

Would this allow them to play from teams from different counties such as Shelby County at a gym in one of the listed counties?

Good question but not sure. I assume they would be able to play whoever at home. Guess will find out soon though.