Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 67 Scott 65

Featured Replies

Scott blows a 15 point lead in the second half. Too many turnovers and missed free throws by Scott. I got to give Dixie credit, they converted when the pressure was on. Scott did not. Scott is having trouble closing out games....15 point lead tonight and 11 point lead vs SK) both end up loses.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott blows a 15 point lead in the second half. Too many turnovers and missed free throws by Scott. I got to give Dixie credit, they converted when the pressure was on. Scott did not. Scott is having trouble closing out games....15 point lead tonight and 11 point lead vs SK) both end up loses.

 

This one surprises me, doesn't Dixie have a whole new varisty lineup?

This one surprises me, doesn't Dixie have a whole new varisty lineup?

Ya, but they are a good team, they impressed me when Brossart scrimmaged them over the summer.

  • Author
This one surprises me, doesn't Dixie have a whole new varisty lineup?

 

Yes, Dixie is starting a new five this year.

 

Scott did what they wanted for about 3 1/2 quarters and then fell apart. This team is lacking a lot of things right now including a bench.

Another great game... Too many missed Free Throws doomed Scott. Does anybody know what they were from the line? I would guess that if Scott hit 50% from the line they would have won by at least 5...

If Dixie had not missed their first 6 or 7 free throws the hole they had to dig out of might not have been so deep. Eflin Tyler scored a lot of points in the 4th quarter, and Luke Mace put in the winning free throws.

 

Scott's defense is absolutely tenacious. But, they might have used up their legs leading to a lower shooting percentage in the end.

 

Another great game between the Colonels and Eagles. You can pretty much count on an exciting finish when these two play... which they will do again at Scott later this season.

  • Author
If Dixie had not missed their first 6 or 7 free throws the hole they had to dig out of might not have been so deep. Eflin Tyler scored a lot of points in the 4th quarter, and Luke Mace put in the winning free throws.

 

Scott's defense is absolutely tenacious. But, they might have used up their legs leading to a lower shooting percentage in the end.

 

I couldn't agree with you more RoundBaller. Tyler converted in the 4th quarter tonight and carried Dixie during this time period.

 

I love how Scott's team play's defense, but with a very short bench this style of defense will take it's toll on the offensive side of a game. It 's great to play good defense, but if you can't put the ball in the basket you won't win games, period!

I couldn't agree with you more RoundBaller. Tyler converted in the 4th quarter tonight and carried Dixie during this time period.

 

I love how Scott's team play's defense, but with a very short bench this style of defense will take it's toll on the offensive side of a game. It 's great to play good defense, but if you can't put the ball in the basket you won't win games, period!

 

 

If I am not mistaken the season is still early? Give Coach Carr some time to develop some depth from the bench! I feel very confident that Coach Carr will continue to work these kids in practice and hope that one or two more players will develop later in the season which will allow for a rotation to help rest some players. If I am not mistaken this did happen with Miller last year. Remember, it is not how you run the race but how you finish!

 

Keep playing hard Eagles and continue to buy into the system:thumb:

I hear Coach Chev was not happy.

Scott needs to learn how to finish games if they want to compete in the 10th.

  • Author
Scott needs to learn how to finish games if they want to compete in the 10th.

 

Amen!! :thumb:

It sounds like Scott is a good team looking needing an identity.

  • Author
I hear Coach Chev was not happy.

 

 

No he was not.

 

I am a Eagles fan, but both Coach Carr and Coach Chev had every right to be upset with the officiating last night. The three officials that did the game were very inconsistent and to instrumental in the outcome. It is really sad how bad officiating has become.

No he was not.

 

I am a Eagles fan, but both Coach Carr and Coach Chev had every right to be upset with the officiating last night. The three officials that did the game were very inconsistent and to instrumental in the outcome. It is really sad how bad officiating has become.

 

I agree Tiger1. I could not guage how the game was going to be called. Out at the top of the key, ticky-tack fouls or "phantom" fouls would be called, inside the paint, kids were getting hammered going up and no calls. The younger ref was not that bad but the two guys he had with him....well let's just say they had an off night. Very inconsistant calls. I still think Dixie earned the win but they could not handle Scott's press. Scott had no answer for Eflin Tyler. This should be a very good game again at Scott's house.

I still have not heard anything about Baker. Anybody?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.