6A Playoffs (Regionals)

Tigerpride94

We are now down to the final 8 teams or to use a March Madness reference the "Elite Eight". This round is where RPI and region determine seeding. District 1-4(West) will play by seeds and District 5-8 (East) will do the same. The 4 teams that advance to semifinals will be reseeded again by the RPI. The final RPI numbers were established at the end of the season and do not change during playoffs.

Districts 1-4 RPI:                                                            Districts 5-8 RPI:

1. North Hardin .63286                                               1. Trinity .64080

2. Male .58029                                                             2. Bryan Station .63207

3. McCracken County .55542                                    3. Paul Dunbar .55754

4. St. Xavier .53422                                                     4. Dixie Heights .52715

Matchups:

1. North Hardin (7-0) vs. 4. St. Xavier (5-2)

North Hardin has used their stout defense to advance by shutting down Barren County 42-6 and Meade County 36-7. St. X has also used it's strong defense to advance by defeating Pleasure Ridge park 37-0 and Manual 10-6. This looks to be a low scoring game and a tossup and would be no surprise for either team to advance. Calpreps rating: North Hardin 35.6 St. Xavier 35.3

2. Male (6-1) vs. 3. McCracken County (6-2)

Male has arrived by dominating Bullitt East 57-7. McCracken County has defeated Apollo 21-13 and had a bye due to Henderson County having to cancel. Male has dominated since their opening season loss to Trinity and it will take a strong effort for McCracken County to have a chance at beating the Bulldogs. Calpreps rating: Male 32.9 McCracken County 22.6

1. Trinity (7-0) vs. 4. Dixie Heights (6-3)

Trinity has advanced by defeating Eastern 49-7. Dixie Heights has advanced by edging out Simon Kenton 34-33 and Ryle 41-36. Trinity is nationally ranked and with Dixie Heights giving up over 30 points last two games should be another running clock win for the Shamrocks. Calpreps rating: Trinity 61.5 Dixie Heights 20.7

2. Bryan Station (10-1) vs. Paul Dunbar (6-2)

Bryan Station has advanced with a 14-13 win over Madison Central and Oldham County 58-29. Paul Dunbar defeated Tates Creek 23-20 and Henry Clay 35-6. This is the only matchup where they played each other earlier in the season with Bryan Station defeating Paul Dunbar 35-28. Like the earlier season game, this could be another close game. Calpreps rating: Bryan Station 18.3 Paul Dunbar 13.0

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EastSideJunkie said:

Male at Trinity

Bryan Station at North Hardin

Thanks and by our final rankings that is 1 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 7.  That I don't like but it does remind me of the Jefferson County Champs playing the State At Large Champs back in the day. 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, Hardin County Preps said:

Is Trinity better than they were last year? YES.

Is North Hardin better than they were last year? NO.

Last years North Hardin vs Trinity final score 54-7.

Enough said, not even close!

NH may not be as explosive offensively, but their defense is better. I think they are better than last year. Enough said. 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:21 PM, SHAMROCK69 said:

Sorry, not meant as a slight to NH. I just don't think they could beat Trinity or Male. If they do, I will line up to congratulate them.

Completely understand...Trinity still looks like a longshot. Male, I think NH's D would keep them in the game and it'd be similar to the Douglass game.