Lexington Christian Academy 42 Somerset 35

Jumper_Dad

Even after going down 21 to 0 early in the game, the Jumpers remained calm and stuck to their guns. In doing so they nearly pulled of an epic comeback.

Somerset had three drives stop perilously close to scoring. A turnover gave them the ball around the 20 with seconds left in the half. An incomplete pass, a sack and time running out ended that drive. An interception by LCA of  Somerset pass at the 5 stopped another drive, while giving the ball up on downs around the 10 ended another drive.

Credit to LCA for stopping those drives, but a play here or there and this game could have flipped. 

I think offensively LCA called a really good game.

This sounds like a heck of a game!

Congratulations to LCA!  They obviously have a tremendous team this year!

And congratulations to Somerset too!  They have had a terrific couple of years here and should be proud of their accomplishments!  I hate to see a team this good go out this early in the playoffs. 

While I only caught some of the 2nd half on PrepSpin, I saw at least 2 instances when the LCA QB royally faked a pitch, which led to a clear open field for him to run. He sold that fake REALLY well. I was amazed that the QB was actually able to hold on to the ball.

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Even after going down 21 to 0 early in the game, the Jumpers remained calm and stuck to their guns. In doing so they nearly pulled of an epic comeback.

Somerset had three drives stop perilously close to scoring. A turnover gave them the ball around the 20 with seconds left in the half. An incomplete pass, a sack and time running out ended that drive. An interception by LCA of  Somerset pass at the 5 stopped another drive, while giving the ball up on downs around the 10 ended another drive.

Credit to LCA for stopping those drives, but a play here or there and this game could have flipped. 

I think offensively LCA called a really good game.

In this rivalry a play here or there or sometime even the bounce of the ball can determine the outcome. That's what happens when you have two really good teams battle it out. Last year I think LCA could of said a play here or there and that game would of been flipped. Actually you could say that for the last 5 games they have played which have been settle by 7 points or less. I can't remember 5 consecutive games played by two teams against each other that have been this good.

To add, #23 Mikey Garland for Somerset is a beast. That guy should be playing college football somewhere. Does he have any offers? He came out in the second half and tried to carry Somerset on his shoulders for the win. 

2 hours ago, Cobraxx said:

In this rivalry a play here or there or sometime even the bounce of the ball can determine the outcome. That's what happens when you have two really good teams battle it out. Last year I think LCA could of said a play here or there and that game would of been flipped. Actually you could say that for the last 5 games they have played which have been settle by 7 points or less. I can't remember 5 consecutive games played by two teams against each other that have been this good.

To add, #23 Mikey Garland for Somerset is a beast. That guy should be playing college football somewhere. Does he have any offers? He came out in the second half and tried to carry Somerset on his shoulders for the win. 

I completely agree, it does go both ways.

I'm not sure about Mikey, but he should be playing somewhere next fall.