Southwestern at Pulaski County Predictions/Updates (5A Playoffs)

DevilMayCare

Warriors vs. Maroons  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2020 at 12:30 AM

Warrior spirit encounters Maroon resolve in district title tilt

This one seems destined to be another defensive oriented war of attrition that's decided late in the fourth quarter, or even overtime. In the last five meetings, the twenty point threshold has only been broken once by either team. Southwestern has scored 64 points (12.8 ppg) total during that time, with Pulaski County right behind them at 63 (12.6). This rivalry has been as hotly contested as any in the state over the last few years. 

One team or the other has been the district champion every year since 2009. The Maroons looked like the district favorite last year until the wheels fell off following a crippling injury. This year, despite similar circumstances, they appear to be in more stable condition.

4ndsx0.thumb.jpg.4cbb05f6ab087697eb0dfc1058242a87.jpg

• Thanks 1

I watched the 2nd half of the rain delayed last game after getting home from another game.  Once Pulaski took the game out of their young backup quarterback's hands and put Cox in the wildcat Southwestern couldn't do anything with him.  I'm sure their backup quarterback is much more comfortable after getting starters reps for a few weeks.  However, I didn't see anything that leads me to believe that they can stop Cox if the Maroons just give him the ball and get out of his way.  Couple to that, Southwestern is seriously lacking in the kicking game, and I'll take Pulaski, providing they lean on Cox,  in another tight one 17-12.