Beechwood 49 Lloyd 0

BWTigers

Another outstanding effort by senior QB Cam Hergott. Three touchdown passes and one touchdown run. The young man worked his tail off in the offseason and it's showing.

His three-headed WR trio of Mitchell Berger, Parker Mason and Brady Moore are really playing well. Berger, the youngest of the three, is showing himself to be a dynamic playmaker/game-changer. He scored TD's on the ground and through the air tonight. He now has six touchdowns - 3 ground/3 air - on the season. 

Awesome to see senior TE Artie Steinmetz catch a 10 yard TD pass from Hergott in the third quarter. The reception was Artie's first varsity catch. 

For Lloyd, unfortunately, just a matter of the chance you take when you're a way-too-heavy run oriented offense and you face a team with a great defense. The game was over when it was 14-0 simply because the Juggs couldn't move the ball consistently and when they had to throw...it just didn't go well. QB Jacob Davidson, RB's Ethan Spaulding/Quinton Jones are very good players. Just not enough weapons around them to compete in a game like this. 

• Thanks 1

Tigers just clicking right now. The games earlier against tougher opponents really groom BW well for the 2A teams and I think will pay off greatly come playoff time. Defense is getting much better, and offense is rolling right now. The running game is starting to really open up for the backs as well. If the tigers continue to balance the attack they will be hard to beat! 

When Lloyd decided to put a hold on their season shortly before things got underway, how many impact players did they lose to transferring?  Not that this would of had a drastic change in the outcome of this game because I believe Beechwood is a top-tier team, I just ask out of curiosity.............

11 hours ago, TouchTheLine said:

When Lloyd decided to put a hold on their season shortly before things got underway, how many impact players did they lose to transferring?  Not that this would of had a drastic change in the outcome of this game because I believe Beechwood is a top-tier team, I just ask out of curiosity.............

They only lost 3 players, one JV, a lineman, the third though probably their best player on defense, Jalyn Huntley transferred to Boone. Starting middle linebacker.