Dixie 28 Beechwood 20

theguru

Dixie is legit. Run game is punishing. Rohlman is strong and had a big night. Landers played very good too, and had some great throws to very good receivers. Was really impressed watching Wibberly on line. A lot of talent on that squad  

4th week in a row for Beechwood playing up and they more than held their own.  IMO, also showed and took its toll.  It was evident from get go that Dixie’s gameplan was to run downhill, and Slusher took the toll for the D-Line With double/triple teams all night Upfront, Punishing game in the trenches, but the Beechies held their own. Big plays from Berger and a huge kick return / answer for Parker Mason after Dixie had an 88 yd strike to seemingly put game away. Big positive seeing Hatfield back on field (lost in CovCath game).  

Honestly, great game to watch, even though I was watching from the Beechwood side. A LOT of talent on the field. Both of these teams should make a good run in late 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After Dixie started the game off with a squib kick that was recovered by the colonels, BW looked very much stifled. Playing from behind the whole game I think really hurt the tigers. They haven’t really been in any situations like that this year but hopefully it was a good lesson to be learned. I expect the tigers to bounce back from this one and really roll the rest of the season. Maybe a few hiccups here and there but if Hergott can continue to lead this team like he did last night, then we will be in great shape come playoff time. I still think this is at least a Semi-Finals capable team regardless of this L. Hats off to Dixie, their running game was very good last night and QB throws a good ball. Best of luck to the colonels moving forward! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pacman69 said:

Isn’t Meade 1-3? Don’t see that being an issue for the tigers

I was just stating them in comparison to the rest of our schedule. I don’t see any team we play being better than them, so that’s why I’d say their name before anyone else’s. 

7 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

I was just stating them in comparison to the rest of our schedule. I don’t see any team we play being better than them, so that’s why I’d say their name before anyone else’s. 

That’s probably true. Beechwood should be favored in all of the remaining games on their schedule unless there’s a schedule change or something like that.