Rose Hill 72 Morgan County 56

To go anywhere in this region it takes guards, that take care of the ball and can score, look at Rose Hill, Elliott, Rowan, Russell, Ashland, Greenup, all the good teams have guards several others have quality big guys but nothing surrounding them, that's why Morgan is in the growing stage.... and will find it difficult to win ball games this year...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To go anywhere in this region it takes guards, that take care of the ball and can score, look at Rose Hill, Elliott, Rowan, Russell, Ashland, Greenup, all the good teams have guards several others have quality big guys but nothing surrounding them, that's why Morgan is in the growing stage.... and will find it difficult to win ball games this year...

That is a very good point, IBM. Guard play is critical at all levels and especially in high school.

I think I know morgan might now be shooting so good. A person that I know real well, told me is because the nets are long, and that makes the basket smaller so they miss more, and now he changed the nets to shorter, so I guess we will see what happens. Does anyone believe this?? LOL

BlueMan,

You are correct. The real reason for the shooting woes was the "nets" were too long. Thanks to a great MCHS staff person he has bought new shorter nets and he was the reason that Morgan Co. went to the state tournament in 2004. He put those nets up and during the years that they played on those nets the Cougars have had one of the best home court winning % just right behind Mason Co. since. Now, the new shorter nets create a better depth perception for the Cougars. It's the little things that make a difference. The girls team played on the new and improved nets last night and scored 67 points and won by 29....they couldn't miss if they tried.

This anonymous former coach and player in Rowan Co. has helped tremendously. He played along side of Jerry Ravenscraft and heard he dished out many assists to him back in the day. Perhaps Dfenz can elaborate. But he has been great and thank goodness the DTCA (Downtown Coaches Association) can not make these new nets come down.

We are Morgan. That's how we roll.

BlueMan,

You are correct. The real reason for the shooting woes was the "nets" were too long. Thanks to a great MCHS staff person he has bought new shorter nets and he was the reason that Morgan Co. went to the state tournament in 2004. He put those nets up and during the years that they played on those nets the Cougars have had one of the best home court winning % just right behind Mason Co. since. Now, the new shorter nets create a better depth perception for the Cougars. It's the little things that make a difference. The girls team played on the new and improved nets last night and scored 67 points and won by 29....they couldn't miss if they tried.

This anonymous former coach and player in Rowan Co. has helped tremendously. He played along side of Jerry Ravenscraft and heard he dished out many assists to him back in the day. Perhaps Dfenz can elaborate. But he has been great and thank goodness the DTCA (Downtown Coaches Association) can not make these new nets come down.

Gosh Nets, if that works, perhaps I'll break out the old athletic supporter that I've kept all of those years from our district football title.:D

With that thing back in action, things can only come up roses!

BlueMan,

Wow. I wonder what would happen if teams played with no nets. That would be crazy.