Central at South Warren Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• South Warren (1-0)
    • Central (0-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2020 at 04:00 PM

The Spartans took care of the Warren East Raiders last Friday night on the "Smurf Turf" 40-0.  But Coach Brandon Smith admitted in the Bowling Green Daily News it took some time for the Spartans to get going.  Warren East hung in this game through the first quarter before the Spartans marched 76 yards behind good rushing by JR RB Kobe Martin for their first TD very late in the quarter.  But the second quarter belonged to Sparty, who rolled up 4 TDs to blow the game open.  JR QB Caden Veltcamp was really good in that second quarter throwing 4 TDs to 4 different receivers.  Veltcamp ended the games scoring in the 3rd quarter with another TD pass; this one to a 40 yarder to Jason Putnam (his second of the game).  Veltcamp ended the game 16-for-25 for 311 yards passing, while Martin ran for 68 yards on nine carries. The Spartans outgained the Raiders 428-55.

The Spartans now return for their home opener as 4A Louisville Central (0-0) comes calling.  The Yellow Jackets are a JCPS school and as such this will be their 1st game of the season.  A disadvantage to them I believe.  Although they did face 6A Manual in a scrimmage last Saturday Night.  Our good friend @AvoidLloyd reported Manual won the scrimmage 27-14 and sat their starters at halftime.  Central played theirs the whole game.  The score was Manual 14  Central 0 (Starter vs Starter).

I think South Warren is closer to Manual than Central, so I look for South Warren to control this game first with their effective run-stopping defense with the offense warming up again in the second quarter for what should be a second comfortable Spartan victory.  What say you?

• theguru changed the title to Central at South Warren Predictions/Updates

In this game in 2019 at Central, South QB Cade Veltcamp broke his wrist and in doing so really diminished the Spartans chances of going deep into the playoffs.  I'm sure he will want to play well in this the opening Home game of the 2020 season.

It looks like South Warren has partnered with 104.1 FM and 930 WKCT in Bowling Green to broadcast all their football games!  
They also make mention of their Facebook live video of games on @wdnztv11

Good step forward for the Spartans and their fans!

WKCT has been around the BG area for a very long time!

XVksb5qw_bigger.jpg

The high school football season is only three weeks away! We’re excited to announce our new partnership with to broadcast all of their games this season on 104.1 FM and 930 AM. That coverage will also include live video on our Facebook page and replays on

On 9/15/2020 at 7:56 AM, Purple88 said:

In this game in 2019 at Central, South QB Cade Veltcamp broke his wrist and in doing so really diminished the Spartans chances of going deep into the playoffs.  I'm sure he will want to play well in this the opening Home game of the 2020 season.

He looks like the real deal, and he's got a great group of receivers at his disposal. When you combine that with all of the new names on Central's defense, I'm thinking Sparty wins this one by a few scores, especially if Dunn is back in the line-up.

• theguru changed the title to Central at South Warren Predictions/Updates (Cancelled)
  • theguru locked this topic