Graves County 17 Paducah Tilghman 7

TilghmanPride

Tilghman comes out extremely sloppy in this one. This one certainly had it's share of turnovers, several very costly in terms of momentum and field position. 

Honestly, this is kind of what I expected after the huge loss of talent from the last couple seasons. 

Tilghman is playing quite a few very young guys and there's a lot of inexperience. I say don't just attribute this one to first game problems, Tilghman will struggle this season. 

The sooner Tilghman fans realize that, the better. I heard a lot of unnecessary grumbling tonight because of unreal expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something to take into account is that Graves only returned 3 starters on defense for this game so there is still a lot of room to improve on that side of the ball.  Graves also played this game without one of their best WR/Safeties and their best Offensive Lineman.  With those 2 returning for this week it means Graves will have very few 2 way players and can rotate a lot of guys to stay fresh.  If the defense continues to get better Graves could be a very good team by the end of the season. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Something to take into account is that Graves only returned 3 starters on defense for this game so there is still a lot of room to improve on that side of the ball.  Graves also played this game without one of their best WR/Safeties and their best Offensive Lineman.  With those 2 returning for this week it means Graves will have very few 2 way players and can rotate a lot of guys to stay fresh.  If the defense continues to get better Graves could be a very good team by the end of the season. 

Graves could certainly be pretty good by the end of the season with a healthy roster, but I wouldn't use the win against Tilghman as a barometer for possible future success. 

As much as I don't want to see it, Tilghman is gonna have some tough times this year. 

Good luck to Graves this week and the rest of the season.