Cats Crack the Top 50

Wireman

What do you want us to do? I don't get the point of this thread at all. Is this supposed to incite us to go overthrow Tubby or something? You can only spit this stuff out so many times. We get it man, they aren't ranked in the top 10. What's the point of saying it over and over again?

The point was to say that we actually cracked the top 50 this week. Last week, were below 50 I think. Hopefully, we've hit rock bottom and are on the upward climb.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less if we were in the top 100 as long as we are in the top 64 when tournament time comes around! No matter what Ky is ranked nobody wants to play them in the NCAA Tourny!:ylsuper:

I agree with you for the most part, but I still don't like our chances very well if we're a 6-8 seed.

I agree with you for the most part, but I still don't like our chances very well if we're a 6-8 seed.

Why is that? If anything, being a 6-8 seed this year is far better than being one in years past. Many 1 and 2 seeds will be prime for upsets this season, mark my words. Too many young guys out there that don't have any experience with the tournament atmosphere means many more upsets this year. Be excited that UK has 4 very experienced players in the starting lineup, I think it could carry them a long way.

Why is that? If anything, being a 6-8 seed this year is far better than being one in years past. Many 1 and 2 seeds will be prime for upsets this season, mark my words. Too many young guys out there that don't have any experience with the tournament atmosphere means many more upsets this year. Be excited that UK has 4 very experienced players in the starting lineup, I think it could carry them a long way.

I'm pretty sure it would be an easier route to be a 1 or 2 seed in comparison to an 8 seed. I know their's alot of upsets just waiting for this March, but I would take my chances as a 1 seed.

I wish we were a 16 seed so that we could get the hardest game out of the way,right out of the gate!:D

I'd like to see the look on Roy Williams' face if UNC was the number 1 seed and had to face UK in the first round. His hair would probably fall out.

I would say UK is around 35-40 right now. For the people hating on the guy making this thread, as ive said a million times, not everyone has lowered their standards, please repsect that.

I will never lower my standards for UK basketball and accept mediocrity.

I will never lower my standards for UK basketball and accept mediocrity.

My friend that is why you and I deal with the crap we do. Some of us know where we should be, and some of us are accepting where we are. It's in my personality to have high standards and strong expecations. When I started following UK in the mid 90's we were a dominant force. Now we are not even the best team in the SEC.

For the people who have accepted Tubby as a great guy and a good coach, mediocre recruiter, please respect the other people who expect UK to be dominant at all times. Not once every few years.

My friend that is why you and I deal with the crap we do. Some of us know where we should be, and some of us are accepting where we are. It's in my personality to have high standards and strong expecations. When I started following UK in the mid 90's we were a dominant force. Now we are not even the best team in the SEC.

Right now, according to the rankings, we're not even the best team in the state.

Right now, according to the rankings, we're not even the best team in the state.

Before you, I was bashed along with Ricky P and Farm. I have noticed over the last 2 years, the regular "I am with Tubby to the bone" are starting to reconsider things. I definetly have noticed some people changing their opinions on the situation at UK. I would say right now its about 60/40 for Tubby. 2 years ago it was 75/25. Give it a few more years and lets see what kinda products he produces. If he doesn't have some success that number is going to turn against him soon.

Before you, I was bashed along with Ricky P and Farm. I have noticed over the last 2 years, the regular "I am with Tubby to the bone" are starting to reconsider things. I definetly have noticed some people changing their opinions on the situation at UK. I would say right now its about 60/40 for Tubby. 2 years ago it was 75/25. Give it a few more years and lets see what kinda products he produces. If he doesn't have some success that number is going to turn against him soon.

I have always tried to be a Tubby supporter, even if I didn't agree with his style, substitution pattern, etc. - but here lately, I've just about had enough. I think Tubby is a class act, but at the University of Kentucky, you have to produce Final Fours and top 10 teams.

I have always tried to be a Tubby supporter, even if I didn't agree with his style, substitution pattern, etc. - but here lately, I've just about had enough. I think Tubby is a class act, but at the University of Kentucky, you have to produce Final Fours and top 10 teams.

I am a big Tubby fan BUT I will say it this way; I am concerned. I think he is a great coach and if he has the players he can coach with anybody BUT I have always felt and feared that the up tempo style of UL/Pitino and Fla/Donovan were threats to UK and I once thought that UL was the greatest threat. It appears now that Fla. may be the most real threat after last year but don't count Rick out. We are not getting the players we probably should be getting and last year was awful to watch. However, I remember the past, including the 70s and 80s, when we had some bad teams and games and I really like futurecoach's attitude towards this years team. They could develop into a contender and I feel that way because of UCLA on a neutral court and NC in a young season at an away game.

We had an elite 8 team one season removed. We have had one bad season as defined by "Ky bad". The problem is one bad season includes several games and lots of missed recruits. If we have another season like last season and a poor recruiting effort, I think that is a sign that the future is not bright and scares alot of fans. In other words, it is not so much the present but a mixture of the present and a continuation of the present.