Colonels_Wear_Blue

TSSAA Director: No Football Games Until Sept. 18th

After state of emergency in Tennessee was extended until Aug 28th due to COVID-19, the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association director has recommended 3 plans of action to the board of control for their high school football season. All three postpone varsity football games for Tennessee schools until September 18th.

TSSAA Board Of Control is expected to vote on which recommendation to select by July 8th.

Posted (edited)

From @Nathaniel Bryan...there are 16 games between Tennessee and Kentucky high school football teams that will either be postponed or cancelled assuming the TSSAA sticks with their "no football games until September 18th" recommendation from the director.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

From the Highlands - 2020 Schedule thread...

1 hour ago, colonel-fan said:

Looks the Tennessee High School Athletic Association is requesting that high school football be considered the same as college and pro football, which means they would be allowed to play as scheduled. So the Tennessee schools may still be playing in the Cumberland Falls Classic. Things, as they say, are fluid at this time.

Mayfield and Fulton County have already agreed to play during Week 1 due to Tennessee teams having to cancel. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sweet16 said:

Mayfield and Fulton County have already agreed to play during Week 1 due to Tennessee teams having to cancel. 

I guess that’d be better than nothing but it’ll be little more than going through the motions for Mayfield. 

15 hours ago, sweet16 said:

That oughta be a nail-biter. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcpapa said:

That’s if KY starts on time.  Still a long way to go before I can see that happening.

9 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Oh yeah, papa, real close.😁

14 hours ago, SLINK said:

Oh yeah, papa, real close.😁

Could that game negatively impact Mayfield in the playoff ranking system? That will lower their strength of schedule.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, sweet16 said:

On 7/2/2020 at 11:39 PM, DragonFire said:

I guess that’d be better than nothing but it’ll be little more than going through the motions for Mayfield. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:26 AM, mcpapa said:

On 7/3/2020 at 10:05 AM, rjs4470 said:

That’s if KY starts on time.  Still a long way to go before I can see that happening.

See above on possible playoff impact. Thoughts?

I tried to include you all in the previous post but messed up. Learning curve on the new BGP.