Randy Parker

What are some meaningless things you have done, but they are really dumb?

I'll share a couple as examples.

I have frequently gone into a store to get a couple of items, went through the self-checkout lane, paid for the items, and then left without my purchase.

Even dumber than that, I once spent twenty minutes on the phone talking to somebody and looking for my phone at the same time.

So what are some meaningless things you have done, but they're really dumb?

I recently just bought a new Explorer. I've several times spent at least a few seconds trying to find my keys when getting out, it's a push button start. :lol2: I never even take my fob out of my pocket.

I'll share a couple as examples.

I have frequently gone into a store to get a couple of items, went through the self-checkout lane, paid for the items, and then left without my purchase.

Even dumber than that, I once spent twenty minutes on the phone talking to somebody and looking for my phone at the same time.

So what are some meaningless things you have done, but they're really dumb?

Can't even begin to tell you how many times I've done that. And on a regular basis when I go to pick up my dry cleaning, I pay for it, and promptly walk out without it.

I've looked for my keys, phone or wallet, while having them in my pocket, or even better in my hand. I've done the same with sunglasses that were propped up on my head.

A week after having Lasik surgery, I spent 20 minutes looking for my glasses.

Can't even begin to tell you how many times I've done that. And on a regular basis when I go to pick up my dry cleaning, I pay for it, and promptly walk out without it.

The most recent time I did it was in Meijer. Paid for the items and almost got to the door when I realized I'd left them, and my checkout lane was on the opposite side of the door I was exiting. So I had to make that long walk of shame and the girl realized what had happened. So embarrassing and stupid, but I'm glad I'm not alone. :lol2:

I've looked for my keys, phone or wallet, while having them in my pocket, or even better in my hand. I've done the same with sunglasses that were propped up on my head.

:lol2::lol2:

Ditto to all that.

Have you ever used your phone's flashlight to look for your phone?

I recently just bought a new Explorer. I've several times spent at least a few seconds trying to find my keys when getting out, it's a push button start. :lol2: I never even take my fob out of my pocket.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Bought a Tacoma in September and still forget its a push button!

My wife, son, and I will spend twenty minutes looking for the remote control and never once hit the "find remote" button on the Dish box.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Bought a Tacoma in September and still forget its a push button!

I think I'm finally almost adjusted to that, but i still always look for my keys. :lol2:

I don't know if it's meaningless but I spent about 15+ minutes looking for my car at the grocery. Thinking my car was stolen I called my wife to get the insurance number when she told me, "You do realize you took MY car.....right?" I'm just glad I hadn't called the police first.

I once went through the drive-through at McDonalds and specified “ to go”.

I don't know if it's meaningless but I spent about 15+ minutes looking for my car at the grocery. Thinking my car was stolen I called my wife to get the insurance number when she told me, "You do realize you took my car.....right?" I'm just glad I hadn't called the police first.

I did something similar at Kohl’s in Eastgate Mall 23 years ago. Couldn’t find my car, went back inside and started ranting about why of all the cars in the lot, someone would want my piece of crap. My six year-old avatar convinced me that I was looking outside the wrong store exit.

I once went through the drive-through at McDonalds and specified “ to go”.

I assume that was pre-Covid 19? Had you went in to Mickie D's for a take-out order, you'd probably still be standing there waiting.

To all of those concerned about memory loss, it may be instructive to recall The Four Ages of Man.

First you forget names.

Then you forget faces.

Then you forget to pull your zipper up.

Then you forget to pull your zipper down.

I assume that was pre-Covid 19? Had you went in to Mickie D's for a take-out order, you'd probably still be standing there waiting.

I think it was pre 2000’s.

I don't know if it's meaningless but I spent about 15+ minutes looking for my car at the grocery. Thinking my car was stolen I called my wife to get the insurance number when she told me, "You do realize you took MY car.....right?" I'm just glad I hadn't called the police first.

I did that a couple of weeks ago. The worst part was I spent some of my time looking for my car while standing right next to my wifes car that I had driven.

One other car story, is many times I've tried getting into the wrong car. Same make, model color as mine. Right before CV 19 shut everything down, I tried getting into TWO other cars same make, model and color as mine.

I've also "lost" my car in a parking garage.