How come we are not seeing mass outbreaks of COVID-19 traced back to grocery stores?

theguru

Overall I see very, very little change in the behavior of customers in my local Kroger. A few people are wearing masks, they have some plexiglass up at the checkouts but everyone is routinely moving to the left or the right of them to communicate with the cashier and of course the baggers have no such "protection." One time I was there they were actually cleaning the handles on the carts but that stopped. There is plenty of traffic in and out. Obviously it is one giant petri dish. And please don't hand me the "social distancing routine" because the isles of the store are not wide enough to accommodate the actual physical distance we would need, not even close.

So I ask again, how come we are not seeing mass outbreaks of COVID-19 traced back to grocery stores?

2:00 mark. It should start there.

logo

"Sustained contact". "Very long sustained contact. 15 to 30 minutes." "Overwhelming majority of people are getting this by physically touching someone who has disease or will get the disease in one or two days. Then touching their face.".

This treating people like they have a force field around them, even when just walking by them or waiting in line, etc. is overboard, way overboard.

From the beginning of all this I've said that if I wind up with this, it's going to be because I got it at Kroger.

Ours always has people wiping down the carts, but other than that, it's the same as you. I've heard some suggest having one-way aisles but I haven't seen that.

From the beginning of all this I've said that if I wind up with this, it's going to be because I got it at Kroger.

Ours always has people wiping down the carts, but other than that, it's the same as you. I've heard some suggest having one-way aisles but I haven't seen that.

Walmarts have done this. Its not well followed or "policed". Many do not notice the arrows taped on the floor or the signs at the end of the isle until someone points it out. I think the local Kroger may had tried this as well with taped arrows. But few notice it.

Overall I see very, very little change in the behavior of customers in my local Kroger. A few people are wearing masks, they have some plexiglass up at the checkouts but everyone is routinely moving to the left or the right of them to communicate with the cashier and of course the baggers have no such "protection." One time I was there they were actually cleaning the handles on the carts but that stopped. There is plenty of traffic in and out. Obviously it is one giant petri dish. And please don't hand me the "social distancing routine" because the isles of the store are not wide enough to accommodate the actual physical distance we would need, not even close.

So I ask again, how come we are not seeing mass outbreaks of COVID-19 traced back to grocery stores?

What do we all need most to survive, food. My guess would be that it is most certainly happening and at the same time is being swept under the rug, preventing more panic.

2:00 mark. It should start there.

"Sustained contact". "Very long sustained contact. 15 to 30 minutes." "Overwhelming majority of people are getting this by physically touching someone who has disease or will get the disease in one or two days. Then touching their face.".

This treating people like they have a force field around them, even when just walking by them or waiting in line, etc. is overboard, way overboard.

Most of the "experts" rant and rave about how contagious the Rona is but this guy is suggesting otherwise?

What do we all need most to survive, food. My guess would be that it is most certainly happening and at the same time is being swept under the rug, preventing more panic.

Is that an accusation of "everyone" suppressing any COVID-19 deaths with a grocery store denominator?

Because contact tracing isn’t mandatory.

Lexington behavior is different than NKY behavior. I go to the grocery store and Walmart about once a week. I’ve had to wait to get into the store before and pretty much everyone has on masks when I have been in there.

Lexington behavior is different than NKY behavior. I go to the grocery store and Walmart about once a week. I’ve had to wait to get into the store before and pretty much everyone has on masks when I have been in there.

All my life I have noticed as soon as I leave extreme NKY I am in a completely different world.

My wife’s best friend lives between Owenton and Frankfort. She said almost everyone at the store in Frankfort wears a mask. She went to Walton Kroger once and hardly any wore a mask.

Because contact tracing isn’t mandatory.

I am going to focus on Kentucky to be simple. That doesn't explain why we are not having mass outbreaks. In other words, the grocery store violates nearly everything we are supposed to be shutdown to avoid yet there are no mass outbreaks in Kentucky.

Most of the "experts" rant and rave about how contagious the Rona is but this guy is suggesting otherwise?

Correct. He is NYC doctor. There is a long version of this video out there as well.

The two-week period seems bogus, the airborne issue seems bogus.

If these things were happening then it would probably be Armageddon.

But it reality - it seems to move like .... a virus...nothing magical, nothing new.

Well, it is 'new' (novell) and lacking herd immunity it hits harder. But during flu season all that stuff (cold, flu, other coronas) is in the NYC subway and most people are shrugging it off. They are exposed but never have issues with a solid immunity system.

So keep taking vitamin C. Maybe the best thing all of us could be doing - but you do not hear them pushing that simple solution, do you?

I am going to focus on Kentucky to be simple. That doesn't explain why we are not having mass outbreaks. In other words, the grocery store violates nearly everything we are supposed to be shutdown to avoid yet there are no mass outbreaks in Kentucky.

We could be having them. We won’t know until we know. What do the positive test rates look like in NKY compared to other places in KY?