Sep 18 vs. Highlands
Sep 25 vs. Elder (OH)
Oct 2 at Scott County
Oct 9 vs. Campbell County (District)
Oct 16 vs. Dixie Heights (District)
Oct 23 at Simon Kenton (District)

For Reference:  Ryle - 2019 Schedule

Posted (edited)

Looks like a 4 to 5 win season for the Raiders (Cooper, Boone, Conner, Dixie and Campbell being the best chances). Anything new in the Raiders arsenal / players that could help that total?

Edited by theguru
Rule 10

UPDATED:

Sep 11 at Boone County
Sep 18 vs. Highlands
Sep 25 vs. Elder (OH)
Oct 2 at Scott County
Oct 9 vs. Campbell County (District)
Oct 16 vs. Dixie Heights (District)
Oct 23 at Simon Kenton (District)
Oct 30 vs. Cooper
Nov 6 at Conner

EeDpnMaX0AMNvys.jpg

Ryle updated things this morning...Elder is off the schedule. No word on whether or not they are working on finding an alternate team for Sep 25.

EeQGRUcXsAUcLcB.jpg

The Cincy Enquirer had an article on Monday that said Ryle canceled the game with Elder "out of concerns about the Panthers traveling from another area."  

43 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

The Cincy Enquirer had an article on Monday that said Ryle canceled the game with Elder "out of concerns about the Panthers traveling from another area."  

Maybe another area where football is much better and the Raiders stood to get pounded.

It is hard to take a lot of people in authority serious. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, theguru said:

Maybe another area where football is much better and the Raiders stood to get pounded.

It is hard to take a lot of people in authority serious. 

Due to Covid, the Raiders schedule dropped two games from last year they lost a combined 86 - 7. 

On 8/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, colonel-fan said:

Due to Covid, the Raiders schedule dropped two games from last year they lost a combined 86 - 7. 

Funny how that works out, huh?

Makes no real sense for Ryle to play a school like Elder.  After we played the Raiders twice, they had no interest in playing us either, which I totally understand.

-CardinalsFan

8 hours ago, CardinalsFan said:

Funny how that works out, huh?

Makes no real sense for Ryle to play a school like Elder.  After we played the Raiders twice, they had no interest in playing us either, which I totally understand.

-CardinalsFan

Agree. I find it interesting that some of these schools would schedule a Colerain or Cincinnati St X but would have no part of scheduling Trinity. There are at least a half dozen schools in Cincinnati that are in that Trinity tier of play.

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree. I find it interesting that some of these schools would schedule a Colerain or Cincinnati St X but would have no part of scheduling Trinity. There are at least a half dozen schools in Cincinnati that are in that Trinity tier of play.

An argument could be made you don't want to play a Trinity team in the regular season that you might face deep in the playoffs. Also, the Cincy schools are closer, so easier for fans to get there and back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cincinnati is closer to Ryle than Louisville. I’m sure that has a lot to do with it. Ryle did scrimmage Trinity back to back years just 3 years ago.

As it pertains to the games dropped, Covid was mostly to blame. CovCath was 1st game of the season and a non-district game. No brainer that was being cut. Elder is an out of state game. I believe most of those games are being or considered being dropped. 

The notion that games are being dropped because of fear is ludicrous. Ryle has gone out of their way to play top competition (Elder, Indy Cathedral, Colerain, CovCath, Highlands, Scott Cty to name a few). I don’t believe many CovCath or Elder fans believe this year’s team is better than last year’s and Ryle played both of those games on the road.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

Cincinnati is closer to Ryle than Louisville. I’m sure that has a lot to do with it. Ryle did scrimmage Trinity back to back years just 3 years ago.

As it pertains to the games dropped, Covid was mostly to blame. CovCath was 1st game of the season and a non-district game. No brainer that was being cut. Elder is an out of state game. I believe most of those games are being or considered being dropped. 

The notion that games are being dropped because of fear is ludicrous. Ryle has gone out of their way to play top competition (Elder, Indy Cathedral, Colerain, CovCath, Highlands, Scott Cty to name a few). I don’t believe many CovCath or Elder fans believe this year’s team is better than last year’s and Ryle played both of those games on the road.

I believe that if the Boone County District would allow them, Ryle would still play Elder. It is good experience for the team. Ryle has never really been one to not take challenging games.

12 minutes ago, KY Outsider said:

I believe that if the Boone County District would allow them, Ryle would still play Elder. It is good experience for the team. Ryle has never really been one to not take challenging games.

Wait...Boone County is not ALLOWING them to play Elder?  Why?  Nothing in the KHSAA regs prevent that game from taking place.

-CardinalsFan

1 hour ago, KY Outsider said:

53 minutes ago, CardinalsFan said:

Wait...Boone County is not ALLOWING them to play Elder?  Why?  Nothing in the KHSAA regs prevent that game from taking place.

-CardinalsFan

I am curious about this also. The only guess I have is Boone Co. Schools say no out of state opponents?