All 8th Region Team

Not really sure what we're saying with the list of games played in region, unless there's an opinion that some coaches vote in favor of teams that play a lot of 8th region contests....having watched this process for an awfully long time, I'm not sure I've seen this be the case.

My point was, that coaches are more likely to vote for players they have personally seen...especially if a said player helped beat them. The more exposure a player has to other coaches in the region, the more likely he/she is going to be remembered when it comes to voting time.

And please note, I'm not saying whether this particular kid deserved it or not. All I'm saying is that SK's schedule (compared to some of the other schools) didn't put their kids in front of as many "voters" as other teams. For example, taking away the district teams you have to play...SK had 5 teams that Davis played against - Collins (twice), Anderson, Gallatin, Oldham and Woodford. On the other hand, take Rassman from Gallatin County. He played against 9 - Collins, Walton (twice), Williamstown, Oldham, Anderson, Trimble (twice), Spencer, SK, and Grant. If everything else was equal, I know who'd be more likely to be named if it came down to the two of them. Sometimes it's just an exposure thing.

My point was, that coaches are more likely to vote for players they have personally seen...especially if a said player helped beat them. The more exposure a player has to other coaches in the region, the more likely he/she is going to be remembered when it comes to voting time.

And please note, I'm not saying whether this particular kid deserved it or not. All I'm saying is that SK's schedule (compared to some of the other schools) didn't put their kids in front of as many "voters" as other teams. For example, taking away the district teams you have to play...SK had 5 teams that Davis played against - Collins (twice), Anderson, Gallatin, Oldham and Woodford. On the other hand, take Rassman from Gallatin County. He played against 9 - Collins, Walton (twice), Williamstown, Oldham, Anderson, Trimble (twice), Spencer, SK, and Grant. If everything else was equal, I know who'd be more likely to be named if it came down to the two of them. Sometimes it's just an exposure thing.

That's a fair point. Thanks.

Some teams were able to "expand" their coverage, so to speak - not that they were necessarily thinking along those lines, LOL.

For example, seven 8th Region teams played in the 8-team Henry County Classic, including South Oldham, Woodford County, Henry County, Simon Kenton, Spencer County, North Oldham, and Collins. So - potentially - those seven teams had the opportunity to strut their stuff in front of several region coaching staffs.

I know I was there all day to see all of those teams....if I were a coach with a vote, that would have given me a lot to chew on....

Ditto for some other tournaments as classics that were held at SK, South Oldham, North Oldham, etc....

Rassman’s exposure to 8th Region coaches has nothing to do with his ranking. Actually, he was ranked too low.

Rassman’s exposure to 8th Region coaches has nothing to do with his ranking. Actually, he was ranked too low.

Completely mistook what I was trying to point out. Was not trying to compare the two players as far as talent, or where they are/should be ranked. Was only trying to show that Rassman has played against nearly twice the amount of teams in the region as Davis. That's it.

Not a lot of talk about Smithers on here. I believe that Smithers is having one of the best statistical seasons that a player can have. Shooting over 46% from 3 and 90% from line averaging nearly 20 PPG. He had some big games against some top competition in the 8th region. I believe he got short-changed because he is only a sophomore, but that shouldnt matter. I am not here to say that one person is better than the other, but I do think that Smithers from Walton deserved to be on the list.

Jeremy Davis is also another player who deserves to be on that list, one of main reasons Niece can get space to create is because you cannot give Davis space to shoot.

Not a lot of talk about Smithers on here. I believe that Smithers is having one of the best statistical seasons that a player can have. Shooting over 46% from 3 and 90% from line averaging nearly 20 PPG. He had some big games against some top competition in the 8th region. I believe he got short-changed because he is only a sophomore, but that shouldnt matter. I am not here to say that one person is better than the other, but I do think that Smithers from Walton deserved to be on the list.

Jeremy Davis is also another player who deserves to be on that list, one of main reasons Niece can get space to create is because you cannot give Davis space to shoot.

Pretty sure there are a couple of people in Taylorsville that aren't happy with these selections. Just wait until next year.