Zion Williamson's Debut

Really bizarre production. If you take the totality of it, the numbers looked good. 80% of the minutes he played he gave them nothing. But he went on a quick flurry to show what he was capable of. 17 of those points came in a three minute span.

I thought he looked heavier than normal. It would not shock me if he is not near that 300 pound mark.

I wasn't a believer his freshman year and then he lit UK up. I wasn't a believer of him being able to translate to the NBA and then he lit it up last night. Guy can play. Started off slow, but they were playing him in 4-5 minute spurts and guy's not seen game action in months. If he can make people guard him on the three point line he's going to be a hell of a player. So explosive.

Gets a step back and a little more elevation after a month of full-on practices and game action. Then watch out.

Will need to loose some weight but I'm sure that will come with practice/playing time. Heck he's only 19, still has baby fat. :lol2:

I don't think there's any question that he's talented and can be very good in the NBA. The question is whether or not his body can endure an NBA season. His explosiveness for his size is unheard of and I think that's in part because joints and ligaments just can't maintain that. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

He obviously wont shoot that well every night. If he shoots even half that well from deep, he will be almost unstoppable once his game develops.

To start, shooting "half that well" would make him the greatest shooter in NBA history going 50% from three point land :D, but yeah, most definitely. If he can be a threat from deep, that will open up the court so much more for him and his teammates.

The new spread it out NBA matches his skill set perfectly. I think his kryptonite will still be on the defensive end. I know he can fly around and block shots, but at some point height has to matter if he is down on the low block. Dude is about 6'6". That is SG, SF size. Guarding dudes 6'10" and taller I think he can do, but not sure to what level in the long run.

The new spread it out NBA matches his skill set perfectly. I think his kryptonite will still be on the defensive end. I know he can fly around and block shots, but at some point height has to matter if he is down on the low block. Dude is about 6'6". That is SG, SF size. Guarding dudes 6'10" and taller I think he can do, but not sure to what level in the long run.

I agree, his crutch will be on the defensive end.