All "A" 9th Region

My my...we got a great match up tonight as the HC Crusaders take on St Henry at 7:45pm. Can Bessler, Veith and team hold off HC's Brandon McClendon, the Big Bruising Jerimiah Hicks? This should be a very physical and high scoring game. Either team could win this. I am going to give the edge to St. Henry....but i won't be surprised if the Indians somehow will themselves to win.....

HC are the Indians and St. Henry are the Crusaders.

Big 9th Region All 'A' Semifinals tonight at St. Henry.

Newport Central Catholic vs. St. Henry at 6:00

Beechwood and Lloyd face off about 20-30 minutes following the first game.

Not really going out on a limb here to say that I believe that it'll be St. Henry vs. Beechwood in the finals Saturday night, but NewCath and Lloyd are both competitive teams, and who knows, though it's unlikely, can either of these teams pull the upset?

Big 9th Region All 'A' Semifinals tonight at St. Henry.

Newport Central Catholic vs. St. Henry at 6:00

Beechwood and Lloyd face off about 20-30 minutes following the first game.

Not really going out on a limb here to say that I believe that it'll be St. Henry vs. Beechwood in the finals Saturday night, but NewCath and Lloyd are both competitive teams, and who knows, though it's unlikely, can either of these teams pull the upset?

We've been saying all year that when New Cath is healthy they can beat anyone. They are close to being healthy.

We've been saying all year that when New Cath is healthy they can beat anyone. They are close to being healthy.

I’m not sure who they’ll have playing tonight.

Joel Isles, the hot 3 point shooter has been nursing the wrist that he hurt in the Holy Cross game last week.

Mullikin and Jefferson really don’t appear to be at the top of their game yet.

Howard is fresh back from his injury.

Not sure yet if Pangallo has been given the green light yet.

I agree... if all these guys were healthy, and at the top of their game they could be a tough out, but I’m just not seeing that they are yet, plus St. Henry is just a seriously well oiled machine right now, so my gut is saying that the Crusaders will ultimately run away with this one even though just like in the St. H/Holy Cross game, it could be interesting in the early goings, but look for St. Henry to pull away and win this one by at least 15.

Try as they might, I don’t see the Breds slowing them down.

Jefferson, Mullikin and Howard have all been back and I think Pangallo tries to give it a go tonight as well. The only guy for sure they won't have is Joel Iles who is out for the year I believe. St. Henry is a very good & solid team but by far unbeatable (They just lost to Campbell Co who is very average). I'll stick with an upset with NCC over St. Henry. Have to pick a few upsets sometimes BBall Fan. :banana:

I have St. Henry over NewCath, I don't see Vieth and Bessler laying an egg tonight. They are at home..they will be ready. In the second game, Beechwood vs. Lloyd, that can go either way. Beechwood has to play as a team and get production inside and out...that has been a challenge for them all year. If Riley, Downton and Draud score and make their shots...Tigers win...if not.....wont be pretty.

Obviously teams change each year, but last years game was quite the shootout between NCC and St. Henry. NewCath won 90-84 in overtime with Mullikin (NCC) going for 37 points and 18 rebounds, and Vieth (St. H) scoring 39 points and adding 10 rebounds of his own. The change in venue from NCC to St. Henry should help the Crusaders. I think the game will be competitive but with St. Henry ultimately winning by 10 this time around.

I'll go with an upset in game #1, NCC 56, St. Henry 54.

In game #2, I'll take Beechwood 77, Lloyd 62.

You called a close game. Dang near exact.

Impressive!

Pretty close to being right on the money.

Um, I assume we are talking just about the St. Henry / NCC prediction. I'll give a thumbs up on being close on the score and a thumbs down on picking the wrong winner. Good effort.