Simon Kenton 78 Holmes 74 (OT)

I missed out on my chance at saying I thought SK had more of a chance than everyone was saying before hand.

This thread was the first one I looked for on the way home. Getting off the Independence exit on my way home from work I saw a Covington school bus and it didn't look very happy. Rather Somber, so I kinda thought SK might've came away with the W.

Congrats Neers, Good luck moving forward Holmes.

I loss doesn't spell the end for the dawgs, how many teams go undefeated. I knew it would be a close game. It's not like we lost the worst team around, SK the 4th best team in NKY based on the opion of the enguire. They played horrible at SK house and lost a close game in over time. I don't think that any one associated with the program is losing much sleep over this one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hester played a very nice floor game.

Hurd was a beast...solid game and the lil jump hook was nice.

I thought Rice should have gone stronger at Hurd in the post. He was fading away on his jumpers.

Hill was something like 13 of 24 from the field.

Holmes was really effective when they attacked the basket.

SK showed why they are the favorites to win the 8th Region.

I bet this was one game to watch. Didnt Hester, play with Rice Hill and Jefferson on an AAU. If these are the same ones i used to watch in AAU for Northern Kentucky Tar Heels those boys could play. I remember Jefferson being the best out of the 4 but it looks like Hill has taking that Over. CONGRATS SK.

I bet this was one game to watch. Didnt Hester, play with Rice Hill and Jefferson on an AAU. If these are the same ones i used to watch in AAU for Northern Kentucky Tar Heels those boys could play. I remember Jefferson being the best out of the 4 but it looks like Hill has taking that Over. CONGRATS SK.

Jefferson is still out with an injury, but yeah those are the same ones.

And it appears the rollercoaster ride of a season for the Holmes Bulldogs is underway..

1) SK beat Holmes AT SK in OT without one of Holmes best players and Holmes played horrible.

2) 1 loss doesnt spell the end of the season. SK is a really good team and alot around NKY will find that out very soon.

3) With Holmes and SK being in different regions this game really means nothing. It's what Holmes does against other 9th region competition that I'm more focused on.

End of story. Congrats on the win SK. You boys obviously did something right and outplayed the Dawgs by capitalizing on your oppurtunities.

I loss doesn't spell the end for the dawgs, how many teams go undefeated. I knew it would be a close game. It's not like we lost the worst team around, SK the 4th best team in NKY based on the opion of the enguire. They played horrible at SK house and lost a close game in over time. I don't think that any one associated with the program is losing much sleep over this one.

Well it sounds like someone's not too happy about it. I'm not sure what I posted that made you so mad. I almost wish I did, it's usually hard to do that to people and not be trying.

Well it sounds like someone's not too happy about it. I'm not sure what I posted that made you so mad. I almost wish I did, it's usually hard to do that to people and not be trying.

I miss read your post and I appoligize, I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. I just saw "Good moving forward Dawgs" I took it out of context. People do put to much emphasis on games that are meaningless to the rest of the season. IMO it would have been a different game at Ellis Fieldhouse. Congrats to the pioneers as they try to win the region and go to state. Remember that they have a new floor general, until DJ comes back. They will gel when need to.

I miss read your post and I appoligize, I wasn't trying to take a shot at you. I just saw "Good moving forward Dawgs" I took it out of context. People do put to much emphasis on games that are meaningless to the rest of the season. IMO it would have been a different game at Ellis Fieldhouse. Congrats to the pioneers as they try to win the region and go to state. Remember that they have a new floor general, until DJ comes back. They will gel when need to.

Oh my DD, you should know the Bulldogs house is the David M. Evans fieldhouse. Football field is named for Coach Ellis. And I agree homecourt advantage may have helped but the kids don't fill up the place like we did years ago........and it's sad because this is a very good team.

It's cool bud, I was just kinda "dazed and confused" lol. But yeh I agree, a few years ago this game would've meant something, but at the same time not so much. Not til Jefferson is back.

Oh my DD, you should know the Bulldogs house is the David M. Evans fieldhouse. Football field is named for Coach Ellis. And I agree homecourt advantage may have helped but the kids don't fill up the place like we did years ago........and it's sad because this is a very good team.

This brings a question to mind. I know Holmes has had some INDIVIDUAL talents, amongst a few players(on the same team) quite a few times. Yet they weren't a very good team. You'd hear stuff like they're "fun to watch." Does this years Holmes team have more chemistry and play together better than in rescent years past?

This brings a question to mind. I know Holmes has had some INDIVIDUAL talents, amongst a few players(on the same team) quite a few times. Yet they weren't a very good team. You'd hear stuff like they're "fun to watch." Does this years Holmes team have more chemistry and play together better than in rescent years past?

Only time will tell and one would think you would learn from past mistakes. You're right though, their "team" chemistry in recent years has not been the best. Everyone on the team has a role and if that is understood by all, I think it makes the "team" stronger.

Only time will tell and one would think you would learn from past mistakes. You're right though, their "team" chemistry in recent years has not been the best. Everyone on the team has a role and if that is understood by all, I think it makes the "team" stronger.

I feel ya bud, I've just heard alot of talk about individuals, but not so much about how they've been playing as a team(not that they aren't, all I can go by as of now is what I hear on here). I do favor SK but I'd love to see anyone from NKY do well, and to be honest from what I've heard it seems like Holmes could do really well if they can bring it all together. That my friend is what I'm hoping happens.

Holmes will be fine. This game does put a question mark on their ability to handle a good big man?? As I recall they struggled with PC's Elliott and Belcher last year (as did many), NCC's Kiernan, ?? from Scott County, and maybe others I don't recall. Is this an Achilles Heal for the 'Dogs??

This year's Holmes team is ALOT closer than year's past. All know their roles and have learned from the past. I have spoken to a few players and all have said last year is in the past...they know they have the players and mentality to overcome all adversity and let all of NKY know they're still the #1 team in the region and nky.

From my perspective, I just don't think they're going to let all of that talent go to waste after the early exit to Dixie last year. Only time will tell though.