Simon Kenton 78 Holmes 74 (OT)

This year's Holmes team is ALOT closer than year's past. All know their roles and have learned from the past. I have spoken to a few players and all have said last year is in the past...they know they have the players and mentality to overcome all adversity and let all of NKY know they're still the #1 team in the region and nky.

From my perspective, I just don't think they're going to let all of that talent go to waste after the early exit to Dixie last year. Only time will tell though.

I have had similar conversations and I feel the same way my Holmes friend.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Holmes didnt play a horrible game. Just accept the fact that SK is a great team and outplayed Holmes PERIOD! And as for Jefferson, I seem to remember a Bulldog's fan on here saying that Holmes will not be beaten by any team up here with or without Duran. Holmes had no answer for Hurds size and this will be a problem for them all year since Rice is only 6,4 and needs to be stronger.

First off Holmes didnt play a horrible game. Just accept the fact that SK is a great team and outplayed Holmes PERIOD! And as for Jefferson, I seem to remember a Bulldog's fan on here saying that Holmes will not be beaten by any team up here with or without Duran. Holmes had no answer for Hurds size and this will be a problem for them all year since Rice is only 6,4 and needs to be stronger.

There is no way he is 6'4. I'll give 6'2

He may be 6.2-6.3 but he plays much bigger than he is, the same was Arrezz does. By the way I gave SK there props, but Holmes did play terrible or the outcome may have been much different. I know these kids and they were not playing at 100% percent.

Well lets see Austin dropped 35 so im sure he didnt play too bad. Arrez had a nice solid game. I believe he had somewhere around 17 pts and a bunch of rebounds. Arrez also did a nice job of playing defense on Hester for the most part. Holmes forced 20+ turnovers in that game so they were doing their job with that. Really the only thing that stands out is that Greg was too small to guard Josh and it showed. OK so he isnt 6'4, he's 6'2. That just proves my point even more that Holmes is going to struggle against any team that has a true big man that can score. Lucky for them there isnt too many of them around this state and especially in the 9th.