Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Son

Featured Replies

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

IMG_1984.jpg

 

I can't figure out why it is sideways. But whatever, you can see him. The black fur on his forehead is considered a blemish so I got this 900 Dollar dog para nada.

 

He's already destroyed my wireless headphones.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Got the photo straightened out for you. (Phones do that sometimes for some annoying reason.)

[ATTACH]69659[/ATTACH]

 

I can't figure out why it is sideways. But whatever, you can see him. The black fur on his forehead is considered a blemish so I got this 900 Dollar dog para nada.

 

He's already destroyed my wireless headphones.

 

Great looking dog. Hopefully he helps out.

Just in general I think dogs tend to bring more happiness into their owners homes.

[ATTACH]69659[/ATTACH]

 

I can't figure out why it is sideways. But whatever, you can see him. The black fur on his forehead is considered a blemish so I got this 900 Dollar dog para nada.

 

He's already destroyed my wireless headphones.

 

 

Love those block heads, and no better price than free. I’ve never seen a lab with a spot on their head like that! Very unique! I’m on my 2nd lab. The first year is the hardest. My first one destroyed an expensive leather ottoman/coffee table, and a Direct TV remote. My 2nd destroyed a nice Bissel carpet cleaner, a shoe polisher, countless socks and blankets.

 

I lost my first who was a beautiful Fox Red Lab at 4 years to leukemia. He was hands down the best dog I’ve ever seen. My other lab is a spaz but she can be very sweet. You won’t regret having a lab, regardless of how much stuff they chew up, they’re the best dogs ever.

This is mine. Nancy. She's about 11 weeks old.

 

[ATTACH]69651[/ATTACH]

 

She’s so pretty! My grandmother had one that color she named Sable (after the wrestler). Smartest dog I ever saw.

She’s so pretty! My grandmother had one that color she named Sable (after the wrestler). Smartest dog I ever saw.

 

Thus far in the 11 days we've had her, she's claimed 2 pairs of shoelaces and 1 phone charge cord :lol2:

 

I agree though...it's not like we spent a whole lot of time picking her out (she was literally the last pup left from her litter), and I don't think we could have ended up with a prettier looking lab.

 

Although, admittedly, there's something really cool about the spot on PP1's pup's head. What did you name him @PP1? And how old is he?

@PP1, when he gets old enough to trust him not destroying it, invest in a Roomba.

Both are beautiful dogs. Dogs are angels who are sent here to live on earth.

I can't figure out why it is sideways. But whatever, you can see him. The black fur on his forehead is considered a blemish so I got this 900 Dollar dog para nada.

 

He's already destroyed my wireless headphones.

 

Smart. If you're not going to show him or breed him, then the mark is of no consequence, except to add character.

 

Also, reading about the difference between an English and an American Lab, it seems like another good choice.

 

Is anyone on here planning to hunt with their English Lab? Just curious about your experience with that.

Smart. If you're not going to show him or breed him, then the mark is of no consequence, except to add character.

 

Also, reading about the difference between an English and an American Lab, it seems like another good choice.

 

Is anyone on here planning to hunt with their English Lab? Just curious about your experience with that.

 

Besides also being a fan of the bigger, blockier heads that the English labs tend to have, our primary reason for getting an English lab versus an American lab is the fact that the shorter stature tends to be better for the dog in regard to preventing hip dysplasia. From the reading I've done, hip dysplasia and cancer are the top two reasons for lab owners euthanizing their dogs.

 

As for gun training and training the dog to hunt, I would absolutely LOVE to, but that's frankly just too much of a time commitment. You ideally should be training your dog at least a few times a week from about 8-10 weeks on, and I just can't make time to get out and do that.

  • Author

OK, this is my first animal ever in my life. How many times is he supposed to poop a day? Don’t make fun, just tell me.

OK, this is my first animal ever in my life. How many times is he supposed to poop a day? Don’t make fun, just tell me.

 

How many times I can't answer. Puppy's will go more often, probably several times a day. My adult dog goes twice per day, but we control her food...she eats in the morning and at night. I will say output is dependent on input. So if you feed him high quality food, the output will be much easier to deal with. Good food is expensive. But it's worth the price since you won't deal with messy, large volumes of really smelly poop.

OK, this is my first animal ever in my life. How many times is he supposed to poop a day? Don’t make fun, just tell me.

 

Also, every month old is the longest they can hold it. Are you crate training?

  • Author

Yeah. He’s only going2 or 3 times a day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.