Ex-Reds "Special Assistant" Drills Wayne on the way out

Don't need inter-office turmoil. I was fortunate to meet one of the names mentioned, Gene Bennett when he was a Reds scout and he's a first class guy then and now.

I agree here, with this assessment...Barton didn't agree with the Reds carrying three catchers all year in 2006, "Then (Krivsky) trades Jason LaRue, but signs Chad Moeller. So are they going to go with three catchers again? They need pitching, not three catchers."

Hopefully, they can get on the same page and make the Reds contenders, but starting pitching is a must need, in my opinion.

:thumb: On Gene Bennett. I also had the pleasure of meeting him several times. He was a great guy as you mentioned. His son Dave is a great guy also and was an excellent baseball player. He would have been a pro player if not for an accident that prevented him from playing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He being Krivsky gave up a good young outfielder and a power hitting SS....for middle relief and an old SS who is now gone. He will never get past this IMO. This is the Dick Wagner of the 2000's.......Watch him move Dunn for a crappy starter who may throw 200+ innings but had a 10-19 yr last season. Oh but he has potential......

He being Krivsky gave up a good young outfielder and a power hitting SS....for middle relief and an old SS who is now gone. He will never get past this IMO. This is the Dick Wagner of the 2000's.......Watch him move Dunn for a crappy starter who may throw 200+ innings but had a 10-19 yr last season. Oh but he has potential......

Come on Q...

What good is a "good young outfielder" when he only averages 100 games per season? What good is a "power hitting shortstop" that averages 10 home runs per season?

Did I say he was wrong?

Isn't the point of hitting your prime about playing enough to be where you need to be? He's going to hit .270 with gap to gap power and provide solid D IF he can repeat the one season out of 5 he was healthy. Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are smashed for being Austin Kearns...

Did you think Joe Nathan was trash in his first two seasons???

I'm guessing two things here and I will admit that I didn't look anything up yet, but I will. My first guess is that Bray never has a year comparable to last year for Nathan. Guess 2, in all of his time w/ the Twins every trade he was responsible for didn't turn out great.

Will Carroll, Baseball Prospectus........from the GM meetings

So far, Wayne Krivsky's not making friends. "He's signing guys no one wants and pushing the bar up." I can't print the rest of the quote from an NL official.

This is from Lance's sight.