Best teams and players in 33rd district?

BCHS4422

I am sure the young CCH team will have a fine season but...no drop off in talent is a bit of an overstatement.

I watched almost every game that CovCath baseball team played last year and other than Blaze (one of the smoothest swing I have ever seen, and I hope he makes it as a walk on at UK) they really didn't lose anyone. The only spot that I am worried about is SS. Pitching, Defense, plus smart Baseball (Coach Krumps specialty) is all you need to win. Pitching is baseball, any MGR/GM/Player will tell you that, and Pitching is what CovCath has this year, and what because of injuries, that didn't have last year......

I too agree St. Henry will be tough, and a team to look out for.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zac Adams at Scott will have a good year, played the second half of the year at first base for the Eagles and will use that experience this year to improve.

Yes, he pitched varsity all year last year, and when he started to play varsity full time he produced very well for a sophomore. He made the Kentucky Colonels over the summer and will continue to get better especially under Walt.

Lets not forget though they also have very good players in Aaron Bush and and Robby Ryan. Aaron Bush has been their ace and will be going into this year. Aaron also plays for a solid summer team, Kentucky Kings, and has no doubt improved over the summer. Robby Ryan played for the Erlanger Lions over the summer and is also a very solid player. More of a threat on the mound than with a bat. Very good lefty along with Bush. If he ever gets his swing mechanics worked out he will VERY dangerous with a bat. When he makes contact with the ball he always seems to be sending it screaming.

Yes, he pitched varsity all year last year, and when he started to play varsity full time he produced very well for a sophomore. He made the Kentucky Colonels over the summer and will continue to get better especially under Walt.

Lets not forget though they also have very good players in Aaron Bush and and Robby Ryan. Aaron Bush has been their ace and will be going into this year. Aaron also plays for a solid summer team, Kentucky Kings, and has no doubt improved over the summer. Robby Ryan played for the Erlanger Lions over the summer and is also a very solid player. More of a threat on the mound than with a bat. Very good lefty along with Bush. If he ever gets his swing mechanics worked out he will VERY dangerous with a bat. When he makes contact with the ball he always seems to be sending it screaming.

Aaron is a great kid and very effective when he is on. Mixes up his pitches very well. As I recall, Robby doesn't throw that hard but he hits his spots and his pitches finish low in the zone. He won' t over power you, but he will get a lot of ground balls.

No drop off in tallent? Wonder if the seniors that graduated last year would agree with that. LOL

I certainly hope the class of 06 would not take any offense to that statement, it was not meant that way. Do the younger kids lack experience and succes at the varsity level, yes. As I stated, this is 100% fun forecasting at this point anyway.. But all I'm suggesting is that in terms of raw talent, imo, there is not going to be a drop off. The same could have been said when the grads were sophs. I think the grads would be glad to see their tradition carried forth. If you take that as an insult to the grads, that's a mistake. Saying that some good kids are coming behind you does not imply in any way that your weren't very good...I'm a little suprised that it was taken that way. I sincerely aplogize if that is the case.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Ryle and Beechwood have just as tallanted underclassmen as the highly touted CCH crew. After all, those were the 2 teams I watched in the JV Championship game last year.

With three of the "crew" playing varsity...

Is Bleser going to be able to play the field this year, that will help as well.

Lets see, Josh did pretty good and played a bit for his football team :thumb: this year, played and pitched on the his summer ball club, could of in fact (except for Coach Krumps thought too much of him) pitched in one of the District or Region games last year. Yea, I think he will be able to play the field this spring...

I'll go out on a limb and predict that Ryle and Beechwood have just as tallanted underclassmen as the highly touted CCH crew. After all, those were the 2 teams I watched in the JV Championship game last year.

How many freshman were playing varsity in the 9th region?

It doesn't happen very often at CCH.

Bleser saw some time for the Colonels as a frosh. And Timmy Grogan ('02) started as a freshman. Other than that, you don't see many freshman contributing on the varsity level.

Joe Skidmore ('04) played a decent amount as a sophomore on the state championship team and some people were surprised.

I don't know if it's a lack of depth in the '06 class (not talent, but depth) or if these young guys really are THAT good, or if it's a combination, but there are a lot of people excited about this baseball team, as always.

How many freshman were playing varsity in the 9th region?

It doesn't happen very often at CCH.

Bleser saw some time for the Colonels as a frosh. And Timmy Grogan ('02) started as a freshman. Other than that, you don't see many freshman contributing on the varsity level.

Joe Skidmore ('04) played a decent amount as a sophomore on the state championship team and some people were surprised.

I don't know if it's a lack of depth in the '06 class (not talent, but depth) or if these young guys really are THAT good, or if it's a combination, but there are a lot of people excited about this baseball team, as always.

Don't know about other schools, but Ryle probably had half dozen freshmen on the varsity. Started the entire infield as sophmores 2 years ago. Not that uncommon.

Don't know about other schools, but Ryle probably had half dozen freshmen on the varsity. Started the entire infield as sophmores 2 years ago. Not that uncommon.

Holy Cross is the same way... Baker, Ryan, Cross, Abeling and Sullivan all saw the varsity field at sometime or another their freshman year

I'd say it's not that uncommon at smaller schools due to lack of numbers and depth.

CCH's 2002 state championship class I believe had only 2 guys (Grogan and Harmon) who got any PT when they were sophomores just because there were guys better than them in the older classes.

I'd say it's not that uncommon at smaller schools due to lack of numbers and depth.

CCH's 2002 state championship class I believe had only 2 guys (Grogan and Harmon) who got any PT when they were sophomores just because there were guys better than them in the older classes.

I agree...but neither Ryle or CCH are small schools.