District Coach of the Year Voting???

cshs81

Coach of the Year was Kentucky Football Coaches Association. You have to join this association. Some schools do not belong to the organization because they do not turn in the registration. You must be a member to be eligible for the District coach of the year award. The KFCA gives the award to a member school. The only thing I can think is that CovCath is not a member of the KFCA.

I know that Jefferson County posted theirs a couple of weeks ago just prior to the East-West All Star game.

Talk about interesting, some people I spoke to over the course of the last week was the R2D4 Coach of the Year award going to Shawn Thompson at Iroquois. He went 0-5 in the district this year but went 4-1 outside of his district.

Im not slamming Thompson at all because I think what he did with what he had was pretty good by many standards. Yet, many were wondering how a coach that is winless (0-15) in his district for the last 3 years wins this award in his own district. Someone else mentioned Iroquois' average score vs. their opponents was:

2006- 9-44 (35 point average margin of loss)

2005- 9-53 (44 point average margin of loss)

2004- 4-52 (48 point average margin of loss)

Dont know what they vote on, but I am guessing it certainly goes beyond wins & losses.

Either way...CONGRATS THOMPSON & IROQUOIS!!! Great to see the recognition for some hard work.

Coach of the Year was Kentucky Football Coaches Association. You have to join this association. Some schools do not belong to the organization because they do not turn in the registration. You must be a member to be eligible for the District coach of the year award. The KFCA gives the award to a member school. The only thing I can think is that CovCath is not a member of the KFCA.

Schools have to pay their membership dues to vote. You are not allowed to have a coach or a player voted on if you have not paid your dues.