New Cincinnati Reds Uniforms

gametime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought they were suppossed to have blue in them??????

It was originally reported that they would add blue, but according to Phil Castellini, that was just a rumor. Bob nixed the blue idea at the get-go and just wanted less black. I even recall Marty talking about the blue being added during one broadcast. However, I'm glad there is no blue.

As for the lettering, it was designed by the MLB for the Reds. No other team in MLB baseball is allowed to use the lettering without consent from the Reds. They wanted to change the font of "Reds" in the "C", but it would have cost too much to change everything.

I really like the simple, classy design of the home uni's.

• 1 month later...
Given, I'm not the most ardent Reds follower, but those jerseys don't look any different than those in the past.

They are different no majorally but there are changes.. The big change is the way their names are written. I just think its funny the had Todd Coffey as one of the guys in the fashsion show to show off the new uni's. :ylsuper:

The letters and numbers are significantly different.

MLB created a special font just for the Reds...That's pretty cool. :thumb:

I like the uniforms...I like bringing back the "running man" but I could do without the handlebar stache.

Nothing exciting like when the Bengals went to the stripes.

I am thankful for that. I mean I don't mind the stripes on the helmets and on the shoulder as in the past. These new ones as of the last couple of years look absurd. More like kids pajama's than a football team. JMO