Daily Independent Preseason Issue

The best part of basketball season is looking at the heights listed for the players. I personally am just a shade over 6' and last night I stood beside a guy that is listed at 6'1'' and I am no doubt 4 or 5 inches taller than him. I fell over when I saw this.

I've never understood that, wouldn't it be better to underestimate? If I though I was facing a kid 5'8" and he showed up 6'1", wouldn't that be better? Or are some kids boosted by the overexaggeration? Do coaches feel better looking at their rosters if the heights are somewhat inflated? Just my 6'1" thoughts!:rolleyes:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood that, wouldn't it be better to underestimate? If I though I was facing a kid 5'8" and he showed up 6'1", wouldn't that be better? Or are some kids boosted by the overexaggeration? Do coaches feel better looking at their rosters if the heights are somewhat inflated? Just my 6'1" thoughts!:rolleyes:

My pop said the bigger they are the harder they fall. He was 5'9''. I think he was telling me that he could still make me fall.

1. Russell

2. Ashland

3. Elliott

4. Rowan

5. Morgan

6. Rose Hill

7. Greenup

8. East

9. Boyd

10. Raceland

1. Vanhoose

2. Daniels

3.Mcdavid

4. Fergsuon

5. Thomas

6. Euton

7. Haney

8. Jackson

9. Et Faulkner

10. Barker

There are the top 10 teams and players. Ashland edged out Elliott by one vote for the number 2 spot.

GIAT is correct. I think all of us should take great pride in the 1928 team as well as the championship teams of the 1930s and the one in 1961. Of course, as well as being before the existence of Rose Hill, they were also before the existence of Blazer. Tradition and trophies? I'll be the first to applaud old, and now defunct, AHS for its accomplishments.

I was also impressed with CCNY and NYU.;)