Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard 23 Trinity 0 (JV)

Featured Replies

Retrieved score from Ballard football twitter. This score really surprised me but with JV you never know who is playing up or down.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did I double take when I saw this title. I do agree you take JV scores with a grain of salt, but this one is a shocker.

Based on JV and Freshman performance the past 2 years, I can’t see Beatty staying on past next year.

Based on JV and Freshman performance the past 2 years, I can’t see Beatty staying on past next year.

 

Without knowing what kids are playing for Trinity in these games, and more importantly who is playing against them, this is purely a guess. Local teams will play juniors and even seniors to beat Trinity on the lower levels.

 

Not to mention, this would assume Beatty is just going to quit if he doesn't have top notch players.

Without knowing what kids are playing for Trinity in these games, and more importantly who is playing against them, this is purely a guess. Local teams will play juniors and even seniors to beat Trinity on the lower levels.

 

Not to mention, this would assume Beatty is just going to quit if he doesn't have top notch players.

 

I am actually basing my statement more on Freshman performance than JV. Freshman performance much more accurately predicts talent levels and future performance. You are very much correct is saying that who is playing in JV has a very direct effect.

 

Back to my original statement, the talent level is simply not there as it has been in the Trinity pipeline. That indicates to me that there is not as much effort going in to attracting future players as perhaps has been done in the past. To me, that is the “tea leaves” talking as to the future intentions of the head coach.

Back to my original statement, the talent level is simply not there as it has been in the Trinity pipeline. That indicates to me that there is not as much effort going in to attracting future players as perhaps has been done in the past. To me, that is the “tea leaves” talking as to the future intentions of the head coach.

 

Could it also be because participation level seems to be down in youth football? I know CSAA numbers are down from years past. Maybe it's not so much that the coaching staff isn't trying to attract that "top talent," and more that the talent just isn't there?

Could it also be because participation level seems to be down in youth football? I know CSAA numbers are down from years past. Maybe it's not so much that the coaching staff isn't trying to attract that "top talent," and more that the talent just isn't there?

 

I doubt it. In recent years, Trinity has attracted most of their “difference makers” from non-CSAA sources.

 

I would definitely agree with you, though, about the participation numbers in the CSAA. It is, and should be, a major concern for the Louisville area in football.

I doubt it. In recent years, Trinity has attracted most of their “difference makers” from non-CSAA sources.

 

I would definitely agree with you, though, about the participation numbers in the CSAA. It is, and should be, a major concern for the Louisville area in football.

 

That makes sense.

 

Obviously, whenever Beatty decides to step away, his replacement will have gigantic shoes to attempt to fill.

Wow!

 

Again, we really don't how "wow" this is, but wow!

  • Author

St.X JV plays Ballard last game of season. Looks like going to be a tough game.

  • Author

I saw CAL JV beat Ballard JV 56-0 earlier in season so Ballard may brought better players down to JV after being destroyed by CAL. Or CAL JV might be able to beat the Miami Dolphins.

That makes sense.

 

Obviously, whenever Beatty decides to step away, his replacement will have gigantic shoes to attempt to fill.

 

I feel a bit sorry for whoever has that task of replacing Beatty; never easy being the man replacing the man.

 

Also, seeing the Trinity freshman team it is obvious there is drop in talent, but that probably has a lot to do with Male getting a lot of kids as well as Coach Wallace bringing a bit more excitement into St. X which is bringing in a bit more talent.

I feel a bit sorry for whoever has that task of replacing Beatty; never easy being the man replacing the man.

 

Also, seeing the Trinity freshman team it is obvious there is drop in talent, but that probably has a lot to do with Male getting a lot of kids as well as Coach Wallace bringing a bit more excitement into St. X which is bringing in a bit more talent.

 

It's more fun when all three of the Big 3 are good, but of course that's JMO.

I feel a bit sorry for whoever has that task of replacing Beatty; never easy being the man replacing the man.

 

Also, seeing the Trinity freshman team it is obvious there is drop in talent, but that probably has a lot to do with Male getting a lot of kids as well as Coach Wallace bringing a bit more excitement into St. X which is bringing in a bit more talent.

 

Drawing conclusion that Beatty would leave b/c of down Fr-Soph class is less accurate IMO than he might step down because he is just ready to retire. As we have seen in the past, Freshman games not a big indicator of varsity success. Kids and rosters change!

The STX FR team played Trinity FR twice this year and beat them both times by a combined score of 77-0. Freshmen football is a good indication of talent level and what the future looks like since I’ve never heard of sophomores playing on the freshman team. Except for Trinity, STX & Male I can see more JCPS going to a “Froshmore” team if football numbers decline.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.