Elliott Co. @ Raceland 12/1

RA09

It's early in the season so both teams are going to be off their game. Some of the Raceland players are just coming off football season and have not had many practices so it will take them a few weeks to get accustomed to the game and get in basketball shape. Rams play well at home and Coach Johnson always gets the most out of the talent he has, especially on the defensive side. Elliott has some great young talent so it should be a good early season game to watch.

Rams 46

Elliott 44

The Rams looked a little rusty in their first game out. Like Cville said some of the key players are just now getting into the flow of things after a long football season. However, the Rams played extremely hard and aggressive against West. The offense will come along as the season continues. I like this early season matchup to come down to rebounds and defense. More than likely both teams will struggle a little on O. So Im gonna pick my RAMS to win this one at home. Plus I dont think Elliot has anyone that can stop Sparks inside.

RHS 59

Elliot 53

I don't think Raceland has anyone who can stop the Faulkners, Ferguson, and Maynard.

Well, if you hand one of them the football they could, but since this rock is round, I hope for Raceland's sake they can stay w/in single digits, but Elliott is too talented IMO. Elliott by 8!

Ferguson will be the toughest matchup for the Rams. The Faulkners will be locked down by Mullins and Holbrook. Maynard? I dont know who he is...

I do not know who the Rams have that can go outside & inside to stay with Ferguson. If they stop the Faulkners then that also leaves Maynard to stop.

Rams best chance is to outboard them & get offensive putbacks. It is extremely difficult for both Faulkners shut down on same night.It will be a rare night that all 4 are shutdown or have an off night at the same time.

I do not know who the Rams have that can go outside & inside to stay with Ferguson. If they stop the Faulkners then that also leaves Maynard to stop.

Rams best chance is to outboard them & get offensive putbacks. It is extremely difficult for both Faulkners shut down on same night.It will be a rare night that all 4 are shutdown or have an off night at the same time.

This will be a physical basketball game. Depth and free throw shooting may be a key.

I, of course a pulling for the Ramblers in this one. Imo with some key players just coming around from football season and with Elliot being VERY good I will pick Elliot by 12. I look for Raceland to play tough defense as it is their trademark and be very physical with Elliot. Elliot just will have too much.