The biggest game of Week 6 is…

DevilMayCare

The biggest game of Week 6 is…  

51 members have voted

1. 1. The biggest game of Week 6 is…

… T/X, FD/Scott County, or Highlands/Boyle?

There are some other really good matchups this week, but those three clearly stand out from the rest.

Trinity vs. St. Xavier at UofL - Trinity holds a 45-38-2 advantage in the all-time series, which USA Today rated #1 on its national list of "rivalry games that still matter" last year. Coach Wallace got his feet wet last season and found the temperature of the water to his liking in X's 21-7 win, halting a seven game losing streak to the Shamrocks. Both have tasted defeat against Male this season (T in a nailbiter, X in a rout).

Scott County at Frederick Douglass - These two have developed a pretty severe distaste for one another in just two and a half short seasons. This is probably just the appetizer before the main course in November, but that doesn't mean its not important or will be approached with any less intensity. On the line - home field advantage for the inevitable playoff rematch, and possibly the #1 ranking in 5A for Scott County (FD currently holds it).

Highlands at Boyle County - There were already going to be plenty of eyeballs on this game prior to last week. Highlands and Boyle County are two of Kentucky's brand name programs. They've combined for 18 state titles in the last twenty years. And then Boyle hung 71 (seventy one, seven-T-1, 71) points on CAL, ensuring that even casual fans with no ties to either school will be tuned in to BGP on Friday night, regularly checking the update thread for this game.

Out of these games, I'd have to go with Fredrick Douglass and Scott County.

T/X is the biggest in terms of size, obviously, rivalry, etc. But Male has already established themselves as #1 in 6A, so while this game matters, those two teams are playing for second RIGHT NOW.

Highlands and Boyle County aren't even in the same class, so while the game is intriguing, hard to say it's the "biggest" of the week.

FD and Scott County will tell us who the #1 team in 5A is, for now at least. This one is definitely the biggest, IMO.

I went with Freddy D and Scott County because they are in the same class, are clearly 2 of the top 3, and will clarify a great deal about where we are.

St. X is likely to get killed, so outside of the mystique of the game, falls short for me.

Highlands and Boyle Co may be a great game, but two different classes, so more about conversations than actually telling us a great deal about the back-half of the year. I'm not sure our thoughts on either team will change much, regardless of the outcome, unless someone gets boat-raced, which seems unlikely.

The only real comparison I can make is from the 7 on 7 between FD and Boyle in the summer. I know 7 on 7 doesn't mean anything, but Boyle handled FD quite easily and that was when FD still had their all world receiver before he transferred. As far as who is not in the same class, just remember that arrogance and informed are not the same.

As far as who is not in the same class, just remember that arrogance and informed are not the same.

If this directed at my post, since I'm the only one that used the word "class", it was in reference to Scott County and F. Douglass both being in 5A -- the same CLASSIFICATION.

Tag me next time if you're talking to me, Country.

I went with Frederick Douglass vs. Scott County. I feel like Douglass may have a little more D1 talent although losing Dekel Crowdus hurt. Scott County's Coach Jim McKee is old school and will run, run, run the ball down your throat until you stop him. Scott County has a harder time coming back from a deficit because of their style of play but it should be a classic match up. Douglass has a great defense and that could be the difference this year. Also Josh McClurg at QB adds a new dimension to the Bronco attack as he can definitely beat you on the ground as well as through the air.

Out of these games, I'd have to go with Fredrick Douglass and Scott County.

T/X is the biggest in terms of size, obviously, rivalry, etc. But Male has already established themselves as #1 in 6A, so while this game matters, those two teams are playing for second RIGHT NOW.

Highlands and Boyle County aren't even in the same class, so while the game is intriguing, hard to say it's the "biggest" of the week.

FD and Scott County will tell us who the #1 team in 5A is, for now at least. This one is definitely the biggest, IMO.

I totally agree with this. The biggest game is definitely T/X as far as what you mentioned before. The most meaningful, story telling game of the week is FD/SD. Same class, same district, battle for best team in 5A at this point in time. All of these are great points and spot on.

I know this isn't the right place for this but with the new playoff alignment one of these two teams will not make it out of the second round, correct?