Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A #10 Newport vs. 1A Bracken County Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Newport
      100%
    • Bracken County
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this matchup? Newport sits at 3-0 on the season. Bracken County is winless on the season.

This will get ugly quickly! I wouldn't be shocked if it is a running clock in the 1st Quarter!

I don't know if these games Newport has played will have them ready for the tougher competition later on in the season. Seems like every team they have played has been really bad this year. Just my opinion.

What you fail to account for is that Newport has been down the past few seasons.

 

A year ago, Brossart beat Newport. This year Newport returned 8 starters, is a much better team, and defeated us soundly. It makes them good, not necessarily us bad to the point where we should be dropped from their schedule. I'm sure it was a two-year contract anyway. Our Coach Wiggins and the Newport folks have ties..

 

Harrison County wasn't bad, that was a five point ballgame.

 

I can't speak for Carroll County, and Newport has certainly caught Bracken County in a very down year.

 

A team that is building needs to have some success, to attempt to create some positive "tradition". Every season doesn't necessarily have to be a head knock.

I think that Newport has the veteran athletes to do just fine in the post-season, or at least play to their potential within their district.

Newport with a big win. 50+ to 0.

I don't know if these games Newport has played will have them ready for the tougher competition later on in the season. Seems like every team they have played has been really bad this year. Just my opinion.

 

Harrison County and Carroll County are not "really bad". Both are 2-1 and their loss is to Newport.

Newport wins, but not sold on them until playing somebody. Nothing personal here, just strength of schedule. I don’t buy stock on winning records against smaller teams just like I don’t sell stocks on a team like Beechwood for being winless playing the best. I’m happy for Newport and hope they build, but the road is gonna get harder very quick. Hopefully the “W’s” give them confidence and they can build on them throughout the year. Good luck and be prosperous!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.