Cowboys cut kicker Mike Vanderjagt, sign Gramatica

After he missed that kick in the playoffs he has gone downhill. I drafted him and dropped him about 6 weeks ago for Kaeding. Good move for the Cowboys. I like the message, perform or your history.

It's not like they cut a prime time player. He was a kicker...

He was considered a "prime time" kicker. Kickers are a position too.

The only kicker worth very much right now is Vinatieri. Vanderjagt hasn't been much for the past year now...anyone who's watched him knows he's on the downside of his career. He's horrible...it's no surprise that he got cut.

The only kicker worth very much right now is Vinatieri. Vanderjagt hasn't been much for the past year now...anyone who's watched him knows he's on the downside of his career. He's horrible...it's no surprise that he got cut.

Exactly I agree, but this guy was a prime time kicker, just not anymore. That's why he's unemployed now.

Idiot kicker!!! I'm not surprised at all by this. I knew in the off season the Cowboys had made a mistake. He might be the most accurate kicker in history, but IMO he's never been a clutch kicker. He acted like missing the kick against the Steelers was no big deal. He didn't even act like it bothered him. IMO he tanked it. I mean, has he ever missed a kick that bad? Especially indoors on a good snap and hold? I haven't been impressed with him for a long time.

Idiot kicker!!! I'm not surprised at all by this. I knew in the off season the Cowboys had made a mistake. He might be the most accurate kicker in history, but IMO he's never been a clutch kicker. He acted like missing the kick against the Steelers was no big deal. He didn't even act like it bothered him. IMO he tanked it. I mean, has he ever missed a kick that bad? Especially indoors on a good snap and hold? I haven't been impressed with him for a long time.

:ylsuper: Preach on I AGREE completely