Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somerset never got off of the bus last year and Beechwood dominated them in every conceivable way. Hopefully, the Jumpers can put that behind them and move on to this weeks game. After last week's loss Beechwood is a very dangerous team and personally I wish they had won last week...:lol2:

So far it has all been almost too easy for Somerset, I'm sure Coach Lucas is letting them know that nothing will be easy this week. Beating Beechwood is a hurdle that Somerset as a team and program needs to get over. I'll be pulling for the Jumpers, but I honestly have no idea what to expect this week.

Somerset cruises unless BW changes their offense a little.

I’m assuming the 3 linebackers and running backs will be out this week, the BW defense will be vulnerable.

BW offensively has to add the short passes to their offense. They cannot continue to run 20 yard routes every passing play. They need to get some quick hits in there to slow down the defense, especially with your top backs out. They need to get Parker Mason some plays in the open. The kid is small and elusive. This will open the deep balls to Williams, and the seam routes with Dollenmeyer.

Another step on the ladder of improvement for Beechwood. More experience against a very good team. Hopefully the Tigers learned some things last week and are better this week. That is what I expect. I will be rooting for a Tiger win but this is a really difficult opponent. The key to the game is the Beechwood offense. They need to control the ball and then execute at the end of drives. The Tigers need to find their running game. The defense will make Somerset grind out drives. They need to put pressure on Somerset's D1 recruit QB. The defense needs to tackle better than they did last week. Beechwood will hang in there. It will take a couple big plays for Beechwood to pull this one out.

How does Somerset's line stack up? Beechwood doesn't have much size this year. With three athletes sidelined with injuries and not able to back up the line, Beechwood could be in for a long night if Somerset has good size. With that said, Coach Rash will still likely implement different looks this week to confuse Somerset's offense. Still, size takes a toll, especially when playing both ways.

I just hope it's a good game with no injuries. Will be interesting if these two meet up again in November!

How does Somerset's line stack up? Beechwood doesn't have much size this year. With three athletes sidelined with injuries and not able to back up the line, Beechwood could be in for a long night if Somerset has good size. With that said, Coach Rash will still likely implement different looks this week to confuse Somerset's offense. Still, size takes a toll, especially when playing both ways.

I just hope it's a good game with no injuries. Will be interesting if these two meet up again in November!

Somerset is huge and deep I posted on another topic the lineman, butJohnson 6'3 280, Simmons 6'3 300, Harper 6'2 half 270, J. Simmons 6'2 half 250, cimala 6'2 half 240. Speaks, Prather, Thayer, will platoon all good size and talented. They all can start they are that deep with talent on line.

Edited by Footballnerd
Typo

Defense line is deep as well Harvey 6'3 270, Keith 6'0 230 don't know other kids numbers but 2 year starter, Harper, J Simmons and Johnson rotate as well on Defense.