Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 20 Holmes 6

Featured Replies

This one makes me happy, congrats Rebels.

Both teams may have set a single game record for combined turnovers.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Congratulations Coach Warner! Here's to first of many!

Holmes lost their Qb Quantez Calloway after the second play to an ankle injury, after the first play was a long pass completion.

After that Boone loaded the box.

Holmes defense performed admirably considering being given poor field position all night.

Think both teams will get better as the year progresses.

Holmes loses their starting QB and center in the first quarter, gets stopped on the one yard line, had a D-end drop a sure pick six, given great field position most of the night, and still only lost by two scores? I'll congratulate Boone on the win, but after being shut out at dixie, then an ugly win like this, I'd say there is work to do for sure. Happy for coach Warner though on his first of many.

The big news of this game is the size of the crowd. I have never seen a Boone stadium this full. The parking lot was so full they were parking in any spot of open grass that could be found all the way out to the tennis courts along Burlington Pike. I have never seen it like this at Boone. Years ago when I first moved here I heard about Boone football, the good old days with Sean Alexander, etc. Then I went to the game and my first impression walking into the stadium was, where is everybody. Back home, our stadium was rocking on Friday nights and you better get there early if you didn't want to have to walk a half a mile or more. So, it was fantastic to see the crowd and hear them cheering from outside the stadium. Somebody did a good job promoting this game.

 

I was only able to catch the second half but the Boone defense looked to be doing a decent job. There were some plays when a Holmes skill player would get outside and outrun everybody, but for the most part the defense played well. Holmes did have a chance to get a score late in the game, which could have been followed by an onside kick, but none of that happened. Unfortunately, for Holmes, instead of hitting the hole when they were on the one yard line, the young man stutter-stepped around looking for a gap. The Boone defense found him and put an end to Holmes' chances. I liked what I saw from the defensive side of the ball for the Rebels. The defense had some attitude. They were laying the wood and swarming to the ball. I really didn't see a lot from the offense. They had scored all their points by the time I arrived.

 

This was a feel-good win for the Rebels and a great way to start the season--undefeated. Boone has played Holmes the last three years leading to these results: 27-6 in 2017, 49-0 in 2018, and 20-6 in 2019, all wins for Boone County. While it was good to get this win, I don't think we learned a lot about the team, yet. We did learn that there is enthusiasm for the Rebels among the fans. And that is a good thing. Hopefully, they can build on this momentum going into next week. Good luck to the Rebels against Dunbar and to the Bulldogs against Grant County.

The big news of this game is the size of the crowd. I have never seen a Boone stadium this full. The parking lot was so full they were parking in any spot of open grass that could be found all the way out to the tennis courts along Burlington Pike. I have never seen it like this at Boone. Years ago when I first moved here I heard about Boone football, the good old days with Sean Alexander, etc. Then I went to the game and my first impression walking into the stadium was, where is everybody. Back home, our stadium was rocking on Friday nights and you better get there early if you didn't want to have to walk a half a mile or more. So, it was fantastic to see the crowd and hear them cheering from outside the stadium. Somebody did a good job promoting this game.

 

I was only able to catch the second half but the Boone defense looked to be doing a decent job. There were some plays when a Holmes skill player would get outside and outrun everybody, but for the most part the defense played well. Holmes did have a chance to get a score late in the game, which could have been followed by an onside kick, but none of that happened. Unfortunately, for Holmes, instead of hitting the hole when they were on the one yard line, the young man stutter-stepped around looking for a gap. The Boone defense found him and put an end to Holmes' chances. I liked what I saw from the defensive side of the ball for the Rebels. The defense had some attitude. They were laying the wood and swarming to the ball. I really didn't see a lot from the offense. They had scored all their points by the time I arrived.

 

This was a feel-good win for the Rebels and a great way to start the season--undefeated. Boone has played Holmes the last three years leading to these results: 27-6 in 2017, 49-0 in 2018, and 20-6 in 2019, all wins for Boone County. While it was good to get this win, I don't think we learned a lot about the team, yet. We did learn that there is enthusiasm for the Rebels among the fans. And that is a good thing. Hopefully, they can build on this momentum going into next week. Good luck to the Rebels against Dunbar and to the Bulldogs against Grant County.

 

Thanks @oldgrappler

I’ve always thought one day Holmes would be a handful with the amount of potential athletes in that area. Is a basketball school or did the athletes not there anymore? When I use to live in Northern KY they seem to have a boat load of good looking kids.

I’ve always thought one day Holmes would be a handful with the amount of potential athletes in that area. Is a basketball school or did the athletes not there anymore? When I use to live in Northern KY they seem to have a boat load of good looking kids.

 

Holmes is not that large school that most people seem to remember, I graduated there in the 70s and had over 400 in my class alone,this years class graduated around 140. Holmes has traditionally been a basketball school threw the years. I do,like this years team, they have some size for a change, hopefully the qb will return this week or next and they can get on track. Holmes has 41 players on their roster and only 4 seniors I believe, so they cold continue to get better. I also made a comment about the crowd, Boone side was full and for a road, non rival game,Holmes had a nice crowd. Wish Boone the best and hope they get their storied program back on track, and win or loose , I will be rooting for my Bulldogs. Hope both teams stay injury free.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.