Cubs at Reds (8/8 - 8/11)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every manager in baseball would take Castillo out in that situation. This goes all the way back to Sparky Anderson and beyond. You don't let your starting pitcher lose a game after pitching that well. Once he is facing the go ahead run late in the game with 100 pitches, you bring someone else in. Managers have done it that way my entire life of watching MLB.

Wrong.

I say it with everyone weekend home series against the Cubs, but dear God do I love when the Cubs come to town.

Set personal records on water sales on Saturday and then topped it on Sunday last time they were here. This time on Saturday, I set a personal best record for beers sales in a regular season game (excluding Opening Days) and a personal best in peanuts sales.

It was a good weekend to be a beer vendor, would have been just a touch better if they took 3.

Saw a statistic that said that Joey Votto has been called on out strikes with the third strike being out of the strike zone the most in baseball this year (18 times).

While at some point you have to take it out of the umpire's hands, but batters should not be required to swing at pitches out of the strike zone.

Saw a statistic that said that Joey Votto has been called on out strikes with the third strike being out of the strike zone the most in baseball this year (18 times).

While at some point you have to take it out of the umpire's hands, but batters should not be required to swing at pitches out of the strike zone.

This. 1000x this.