Chernobyl - HBO Miniseries

I am definitely willing to give this a shot, but I am expecting that this is going to further freak out the public about nuclear power. Which is irritating at best, and downright dangerous at worst.

I explained to my kids that ours are built differently and have way more control safety backups. :thumb:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My schedule has been hectic and I was able to finish the 2nd episode last night. This show is so powerful. When they say things like "this has the power of 40 nuclear bombs like the one dropped on Hiroshima", it puts it into grave perspective. Some scenes that are shown really hit the mark on how catastrophic this event was.

I was able to catch up and have made it through all 4 episodes so far. This would be a great series to show in a High School world civilization/history class. I have been familiar with the Chernobyl event but never really had a visualization of the harsh realities that followed. This helps paint a very real picture of many things on many levels. If you have a chance to watch this, it won't waste your time.

I was able to catch up and have made it through all 4 episodes so far. This would be a great series to show in a High School world civilization/history class. I have been familiar with the Chernobyl event but never really had a visualization of the harsh realities that followed. This helps paint a very real picture of many things on many levels. If you have a chance to watch this, it won't waste your time.

I would love to show it in my AP Chemistry class, but I don't think that all of it is appropriate for showing in a school setting.

I'm curious as to how the show was received over sea's? Anyone know if Russians are able to view the show or even folks in Eastern Europe?

I've read some articles in which it's being praised by a lot of Russian critics, a group that notoriously LOATHES Western depictions of Russian life. It's supposed to be remarkably true to life in the way information was covered up by the Soviet government but nonetheless slowly made its way across the country. I can't wait to sit down and watch it.

I've read some articles in which it's being praised by a lot of Russian critics, a group that notoriously LOATHES Western depictions of Russian life. It's supposed to be remarkably true to life in the way information was covered up by the Soviet government but nonetheless slowly made its way across the country. I can't wait to sit down and watch it.

Interesting, thanks.

I thought the final episode was very thorough in explaining exactly how this happened. It nicely pulled everything together for a series finale. I really hope this is nominated for an Emmy because it really deserves it.