Chernobyl - HBO Miniseries

I thought the final episode was very thorough in explaining exactly how this happened. It nicely pulled everything together for a series finale. I really hope this is nominated for an Emmy because it really deserves it.

I think they did an excellent job in the court room explaining what happened. I'm not a big science guy and I thought they explained it for a guy like me extremely well, while still being pretty technical. That's probably more a credit to Valery Legasov, assuming that was close to what he actually said.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw on NBC Nightly News that Russia is not happy with how the Chernobyl event was portrayed in the series. That’s a real shocker, huh?

In typical Russian fashion, they are going to run a state sponsored television event this weekend, which will show what really happened - CIA sabotage directly contributed to the Chernobyl disaster. I’m not making this up.

I just saw on NBC Nightly News that Russia is not happy with how the Chernobyl event was portrayed in the series. That’s a real shocker, huh?

In typical Russian fashion, they are going to run a state sponsored television event this weekend, which will show what really happened - CIA sabotage directly contributed to the Chernobyl disaster. I’m not making this up.

That's why I asked what there response to it was a while back. I figured they would have one. What's funny is they're probably trying to portray it as though the US government was involved in the HBO special as well.

Which isn’t shocking when you realize this was the same attitude the Soviets had in 1986-87.

That's why I asked what there response to it was a while back. I figured they would have one. What's funny is they're probably trying to portray it as though the US government was involved in the HBO special as well.

I'm pretty sure that I heard that whatever they are creating, they were going to blame the CIA for a lot of things.

• 1 year later...