Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Mary's 60 Gonzaga 47 (WCC Championship)

Featured Replies

I guess we're assuming UK wins the SEC Tourney?

As long as they dont get upset in their first game I think they’ll likely be a 1 seed regardless.

As long as they dont get upset in their first game I think they’ll likely be a 1 seed regardless.

 

Even if Tennessee beats them in the semis? I'd love to hear your reasoning for that. UT would have a 2-1 advantage head to head and a better overall record.

Even if Tennessee beats them in the semis? I'd love to hear your reasoning for that. UT would have a 2-1 advantage head to head and a better overall record.

 

UK has the 2nd most quadrant one wins in the country, which I believe is currently 4 more than UT.

 

The Zion argument might mean you cant factor in the UK loss at UT.

 

I am not totally sure I agree with @GrantNKY but I do value quadrant 1 wins, mainly cause it favors my team haha!

Even if Tennessee beats them in the semis? I'd love to hear your reasoning for that. UT would have a 2-1 advantage head to head and a better overall record.

Just don’t think the committee cares about conference tournaments. Honestly I don’t care about conference tournaments.

Just don’t think the committee cares about conference tournaments. Honestly I don’t care about conference tournaments.

 

I dont think the committee cares about conference tournament champs. However they do care imo about how you got there. If UK lost to Tennessee in the semi finals. It's hard to ignore and say UK is the better team when the teams split on home courts, but Tennesee won on the neutral court.

 

Imo unless there are upsets. The semi finals in the SEC of UK vs. Tennesee and the semi finals in the ACC of Duke vs. UNC will be what determines the one seeds to the committee by who wins those games. With those 4 teams playing in the semi finals, and two of them guaranteed to lose then. I think that basically seals the one seed still for Gonzaga. So imo Virginia will be the top overall seed. Gonzaga will be the 4th top seed. Just will come down to the ACC and SEC semis to determine the other two one seeds.

I dont think the committee cares about conference tournament champs. However they do care imo about how you got there. If UK lost to Tennessee in the semi finals. It's hard to ignore and say UK is the better team when the teams split on home courts, but Tennesee won on the neutral court.

 

Imo unless there are upsets. The semi finals in the SEC of UK vs. Tennesee and the semi finals in the ACC of Duke vs. UNC will be what determines the one seeds to the committee by who wins those games. With those 4 teams playing in the semi finals, and two of them guaranteed to lose then. I think that basically seals the one seed still for Gonzaga. So imo Virginia will be the top overall seed. Gonzaga will be the 4th top seed. Just will come down to the ACC and SEC semis to determine the other two one seeds.

 

Agree with this.

Just don’t think the committee cares about conference tournaments. Honestly I don’t care about conference tournaments.

 

They have to care about conference tournaments, especially for situations like UK/UT.

I dont think the committee cares about conference tournament champs. However they do care imo about how you got there. If UK lost to Tennessee in the semi finals. It's hard to ignore and say UK is the better team when the teams split on home courts, but Tennesee won on the neutral court.

 

Imo unless there are upsets. The semi finals in the SEC of UK vs. Tennesee and the semi finals in the ACC of Duke vs. UNC will be what determines the one seeds to the committee by who wins those games. With those 4 teams playing in the semi finals, and two of them guaranteed to lose then. I think that basically seals the one seed still for Gonzaga. So imo Virginia will be the top overall seed. Gonzaga will be the 4th top seed. Just will come down to the ACC and SEC semis to determine the other two one seeds.

 

So, no chance Michigan St. jumps into the mix with (potential) wins over Wisconsin and Purdue/Michigan? Izzo cutting down the nets could be one of the last impressions made.

So, no chance Michigan St. jumps into the mix with (potential) wins over Wisconsin and Purdue/Michigan? Izzo cutting down the nets could be one of the last impressions made.

 

I think there is a chance for them to get a one seed if there are upsets. I don't think they are jumping Gonzaga no matter what they do. If the ACC and SEC tournaments play out with no upsets and Duke plays UNC and UK plays Tennessee in the semi finals. Then no I don't think there really is a chance of MSU jumping anyone.

 

With both the Big 10 and SEC championships being played on selection Sunday. The committee has shown in recent past, that who wins the Championship games on selection Sunday usually has little to no bearing on seeds. So basically it would come down to Saturday's semi finals games. While it would be a good win for MSU to beat Wisconsin. It still wouldn't be looked as a good of a win that UK or Tennesee would have against each other and same with Duke and UNC.

 

So imo it will take upsets having to happen to prevent those semi final matchups from happening in the ACC and SEC for MSU to get a one seed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.