Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xenith Shadow - new helmet for 2019

Featured Replies

Thought the BGPreps crowd would like this.... here is the new Xenith Shadow helmet for 2019. I've been a fan of Xenith from the beginning. The helmet works with shock absorbers instead of padding. Also, the shock absorbers are in a bonnet that is pulled around your head when you fasten the chinstrap, separating your head from the helmet shell.

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.16 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 4.15.34 PM.png

Thought the BGPreps crowd would like this.... here is the new Xenith Shadow helmet for 2019. I've been a fan of Xenith from the beginning. The helmet works with shock absorbers instead of padding. Also, the shock absorbers are in a bonnet that is pulled around your head when you fasten the chinstrap, separating your head from the helmet shell.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68079[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68080[/ATTACH]

 

I like Xenith helmets, but in my experience, kids either love them, or absolutely hate them. There never seems to be an in between. Looking at the price though, $479 is going to put them out of reach for many programs.

That face mask looks dangerous. Fingers could easily get caught between the bars causing damage to the fingers. Looks like they are trying too hard to be different.

Definitely trying too hard. I hate the rhino nose and how the facemask leaks all over the helmet.

  • Author

For what it’s worth, they have the 5 Star rating from Va. Tech AND our kids are really excited about them!

For what it’s worth, they have the 5 Star rating from Va. Tech AND our kids are really excited about them!

If they’re protecting those young’s brains better, can’t hate em.

I think it’s great that a district is willing to spend money on helmets like this. There are some districts that don’t pay for reconditioning.

That face mask looks dangerous. Fingers could easily get caught between the bars causing damage to the fingers. Looks like they are trying too hard to be different.

 

I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.

  • Author
I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.

 

Correct.

  • Author
I think it’s great that a district is willing to spend money on helmets like this. There are some districts that don’t pay for reconditioning.

 

Good point.

 

1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

 

2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.

Good point.

 

1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

 

2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.

 

We love our Titans! These look great!

Good point.

 

1- As a Xenith Elite football program, we get one helmet free for everyone we purchase. We also do our reconditioning through Xenith. Their work was outstanding and I was very pleased with the returned helmets.

 

2- I agree we are fortunate to have the support we have. Including next season, for 5 years in a row, every regular season home game has a sponsor. That funding has made a big impact on our program and kids. We still have much to do, but we are making progress and I am thankful for the support we have in Harrodsburg/Mercer County.

Point one is pretty big factor. You’re getting a 400-500.00 helmet for 200-250.00 which is one heck of a deal. Is there a certain amount you had to buy or buy on a seasonal basis?

 

The look might not be for everyone but it’s an easy sell to the parents. Partnering with a program be it Xenith, Adidas, Nike or whoever tends to help sell your program too. The programs that have the ability to do things like this show the how a relationship between strong athletic support and academics can work.

I would love to see a picture of the inside of this helmet.

I’m sure there are other facemask options available, most of which will be more traditional looking.

 

The facemask was the only part I didn’t like.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.