Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer Co. 56 Larue Co. 14

Featured Replies

I wander, after they win the 2A could there be a game set up with the 3A state champs and the 4A state schampe and heck throw in the 1A state champs let them beat up all of them and had a ring thats 2006 state champs class 1-4A

 

:eek: :eek: you mean besides the fact that a few of the teams left in any of the classifications could beat Mercer, and several would just absolutely smoke them?:creepy:

 

I know you're joking though....

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Titans, one more and you find yourselves in Papa Johns Stadium on December 1st at 11:30 AM. I don't see any problem with Owensboro Catholic.

Anybody ranking Middlesboro at #3 was delusional ...

Final Bluegrasspreps- #4

Final AP- #3

Lit Ratings- #3

Massey Ratings- #4

Cantrell- #7

Well played game by Mercer Co. They really looked like a state champion team.

Final Bluegrasspreps- #4

Final AP- #3

Lit Ratings- #3

Massey Ratings- #4

Cantrell- #7

Like I said, #3 was delusional .... AP and Litkenhous are generally the least reliable rankings. I would have rated Middlesboro #5 at best, behind Mercer County, Russell, Western and LaRue County.

Mercer continues to look unbeatable..

 

Beyond looks, the infusion of skill and speed from Harrodsburg to an already talented Mercer Co. team may prove too much for the East this year.

 

Congrats to Mercer Co! I just hope Russell or Belfry give them a real game.

 

I think it would be awesome to see a 2a final that went down to the wire.

Mercer continues to look unbeatable..

 

Beyond looks, the infusion of skill and speed from Harrodsburg to an already talented Mercer Co. team may prove too much for the East this year.

 

 

when you consolidate, how come they were not moved up in class? with more and more consolidating, this could cause problems in the future, for example, if greenup and russell consolidated with raceland, it would seem quite unfair for them to play in 1a. not that im saying it about mercer they dont have that many more students anyways, but is there a plan by the khsaa to correct this? if it was to happen and a huge gap was created?

Final Bluegrasspreps- #4

Final AP- #3

Lit Ratings- #3

Massey Ratings- #4

Cantrell- #7

Actually, Cantrall had Middlesboro at #9 at the end of the regular season ... I would say that was about right.
when you consolidate, how come they were not moved up in class? with more and more consolidating, this could cause problems in the future, for example, if greenup and russell consolidated with raceland, it would seem quite unfair for them to play in 1a. not that im saying it about mercer they dont have that many more students anyways, but is there a plan by the khsaa to correct this? if it was to happen and a huge gap was created?

 

If they were simply looking for a 1 year advantage in enrollment for football with the merger, why wouldn't they have called it "Harrodsburg" consolidated and played H'burgs 1A schedule?

 

The merger happened quickly and they have played the larger of the 2 schools schedules. The KHSAA would have had a very difficult time rebuilding districts and impacting even more schools' schedules than were impacted by this merger.

Actually, Cantrall had Middlesboro at #9 at the end of the regular season ... I would say that was about right.

 

Middlesboro was probably in the mix of about 5 or 6 teams that fall below Mercer and Belfry. Middlesboro and Western probably have more talent than the other teams in the mix, but are wildly inconsistent.

I honestly feel that if the regions had not been moved around this year that Corbin may have come out of the west to more than likely face Mercer out of the east in the championship game.

If they were simply looking for a 1 year advantage in enrollment for football with the merger, why wouldn't they have called it "Harrodsburg" consolidated and played H'burgs 1A schedule?

 

The merger happened quickly and they have played the larger of the 2 schools schedules. The KHSAA would have had a very difficult time rebuilding districts and impacting even more schools' schedules than were impacted by this merger.

They could not have stuck with H-burg in 1 A due to the fact H-burg school was disolved into the Mercer school system.

Like I said, #3 was delusional .... AP and Litkenhous are generally the least reliable rankings. I would have rated Middlesboro #5 at best, behind Mercer County, Russell, Western and LaRue County.

 

We have to disagree as usual because I think it would be delusional to rank Western and Larue ahead of Belfry and Middlesboro.

We're not talking now ... we're talking at the end of the regular season. I expected Belfry to beat Middlesboro, so I could have easily ranked the Pirates ahead of them, too.

MERCER IS GOING DOWN

This win by Mercer is VERY impressive IMO.

 

Larue was a typical "solid" 2A team.

 

I think Belfry and Russell are playing for a chance to upset a huge favorite on Dec 1st.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.