Big Baller Brand Charging Media To Film

Wouldn't that effect Melo's eligibility to play in the NCAA (if playing overseas didn't do that already) since his family is being financially benefited from his basketball game?

How is that different than Nike or Adidas “sponsoring” AAU teams starring Marvin Bagley, Romeo Langford, Zion Williamson and coached by their family members?

I’m pretty sure that the NCAA has already said that LaMelo is eligible to play in the NCAA but I could be mistaken. I know there had been talk that he might visit UK in the future.

I'm not sure Lamelo Ball footage is really the best footage they will get from players on that team. Lamelo did put on a freak passing display and nice speed and handles at the McCracken hoopfest, but on night 2 he was more human and struggled. I'm honestly not sure after watching him whether he will play in the NBA or is a low level D1 player. I'd have to watch him in a real game first, because he plays like a clown half the time and no way he could do that in a high level D1 setting. Kids got some skill though, and its entertainment.

I'm not sure Lamelo Ball footage is really the best footage they will get from players on that team. Lamelo did put on a freak passing display and nice speed and handles at the McCracken hoopfest, but on night 2 he was more human and struggled. I'm honestly not sure after watching him whether he will play in the NBA or is a low level D1 player. I'd have to watch him in a real game first, because he plays like a clown half the time and no way he could do that in a high level D1 setting. Kids got some skill though, and its entertainment.

More reason to control the footage. He can keep controlling the narrative around LaMelo.

Don't underestimate the draw and appeal of Lavar/Lamelo Ball. I just came from a tourney that Spire was playing in. Admission was 40 dollars per game....the gym was full for all of Spire's games. Lavar Ball and his other son LiAngelo had a booth set up where they signed autographs and sold BBB apparel. Many kids, adults, girls, boys, white, black etc bought lots of gear the night I was there. Also BallisLife, Slam, Bleacher Report, and Overtime make a lot of money off Lamelo ball on youtube; it's only right that he and his father reap some of the fruits of it. I don't agree with all of Lavar's tactics but he has the right to get market value for his product just like the other guy.

he has the right to get market value for his product just like the other guy.

For sure he has the right to, as I have the right to have zero interest in going at the price of $3,500, $40, or $4. Everything and everyone is worth what someone else will pay for it...if people will fill the gym (as PP92 predicts) at $40 per, have at it. I can assure you I wouldn't watch them play for free if they were in my backyard. No interest.

For sure he has the right to, as I have the right to have zero interest in going at the price of $3,500, $40, or $4. Everything and everyone is worth what someone else will pay for it...if people will fill the gym (as PP92 predicts) at $40 per, have at it. I can assure you I wouldn't watch them play for free if they were in my backyard. No interest.

America is great; I was sharing that there are some that feel differently from you.

Don't underestimate the draw and appeal of Lavar/Lamelo Ball. I just came from a tourney that Spire was playing in. Admission was 40 dollars per game....the gym was full for all of Spire's games. Lavar Ball and his other son LiAngelo had a booth set up where they signed autographs and sold BBB apparel. Many kids, adults, girls, boys, white, black etc bought lots of gear the night I was there. Also BallisLife, Slam, Bleacher Report, and Overtime make a lot of money off Lamelo ball on youtube; it's only right that he and his father reap some of the fruits of it. I don't agree with all of Lavar's tactics but he has the right to get market value for his product just like the other guy.

One of the main reasons they said they came back to KY was because Big Baller Brand sold about 40K in merchandise alone. 15 people on BGP wouldn’t watch them for free but 3500 people packed the gym at McCracken County to get a glimpse of the Ball Family up close and personal.

I expect more of the same this weekend at Marshall County.

One of the main reasons they said they came back to KY was because Big Baller Brand sold about 40K in merchandise alone. 15 people on BGP wouldn’t watch them for free but 3500 people packed the gym at McCracken County to get a glimpse of the Ball Family up close and personal.

I expect more of the same this weekend at Marshall County.

I was being nice earlier; kids in that gym that night were practically fighting over 100 dollar BBB slides (aka shower shoes).

How is that different than Nike or Adidas “sponsoring” AAU teams starring Marvin Bagley, Romeo Langford, Zion Williamson and coached by their family members?

I’m pretty sure that the NCAA has already said that LaMelo is eligible to play in the NCAA but I could be mistaken. I know there had been talk that he might visit UK in the future.

I’ve not seen the young man play so I am not going to comment on whether or not he could play for UK talent wise.

One thing I will say is Cal is a great recruiter, but he usually doesn’t deal with the really crazy parents. I strongly doubt the kid will ever wear a UK uniform.

I also think he will end up at a mid major because of his father. Some coach who thinks he can win his league for a year or two with the kid might be willing to deal with him, but I doubt blue bloods are truly interested.

I’ve not seen the young man play so I am not going to comment on whether or not he could play for UK talent wise.

One thing I will say is Cal is a great recruiter, but he usually doesn’t deal with the really crazy parents. I strongly doubt the kid will ever wear a UK uniform.

I also think he will end up at a mid major because of his father. Some coach who thinks he can win his league for a year or two with the kid might be willing to deal with him, but I doubt blue bloods are truly interested.

I don’t see why he would go to college either but I am just passing on things that have floated around on twitter. He’s already played pro ball overseas. He’s allowed to play for a prep school for who knows how long. His dad is cashing in on their family name, just keep doing that until he is eligible for the NBA Draft and see what happens is the route I would take. No telling what Lavar has up his sleeve though.

I will add this though, if LeMelo is allowed to play in the NCAA and is highly rated for his class and wants to play college ball then I am highly intrigued to see where he ends up at. I doubt the blue bloods would want him and his dad but I could see him at a mid tier school in a Power 5 conference.

I don't care what he charges because prep schools cannot play KHSAA schools. However, if we were going by the old Oak Hill Academy rules where a prep school could play KHSAA schools and they told me that I had to pay $3,500 to film Aspire playing the school I cover 30-35 times a year, then we have a major problem.

Grind Session said their logo had to be included in any media filming at their McCracken County event earlier in the month, which included KHSAA schools.