The Big Three 2007?

LSURock

X's O line...should be good, as should much of their offense...

In regards to William...he will be our QB and I think he is plenty durable to retain the position all season.

Hey Trinity faithful, no one ever answered my question about Wes Weitlauf. What's the word on his injury and recovery?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Trinity faithful, no one ever answered my question about Wes Weitlauf. What's the word on his injury and recovery?

He had a fracture of the small bone in his lower leg (can't remember which is the tibia or the fibula). He will be fine. I saw him today and he is getting around quite well on crutches.

Juniors to be Cameron Smyth, Beau Bennett and Sean Carrico (played RB this past season).

Carrico got moved to TE later in the season. FYI, Stein got hurt in the 3rd last play of the state final. Bad timing but he'll be back for February 15th or the start of the real sport-baseball!! I don't think that Coach T will be hurting for players between the JV and varsity.

He had a fracture of the small bone in his lower leg (can't remember which is the tibia or the fibula). He will be fine. I saw him today and he is getting around quite well on crutches.

My guess is that it's the fibula. Fibula is a non weight barring bone and it's sometimes hard to even know that you have broken it. Tibia is the big bone in the leg, I think that is what Michael Bush broke. It is a much more difficult recovery that breaking the fibula.

Maybe we will give Bobby Petrino a try. I think William will be fine.

Will Stein is a good athlete. He has been playing a lot of positions other than QB because he is such a good athlete. I'm sure Coach Beatty wanted him on the field somewhere so he could contribute. His skill level does you know good standing on the sideline.

Trinity faithful, correct me if I'm wrong, (well that's stupid, you would anyway), but didn't Will's injuries happen while playing other positions besides QB? If that is the case, once you give him protection from an O-line, he'll be less susceptible to this type of injury. He'll just have to learn how to slide for those first downs instead of lowering his shoulder.

Will Stein is a good athlete. He has been playing a lot of positions other than QB because he is such a good athlete. I'm sure Coach Beatty wanted him on the field somewhere so he could contribute. His skill level does you know good standing on the sideline.

Trinity faithful, correct me if I'm wrong, (well that's stupid, you would anyway), but didn't Will's injuries happen while playing other positions besides QB? If that is the case, once you give him protection from an O-line, he'll be less susceptible to this type of injury. He'll just have to learn how to slide for those first downs instead of lowering his shoulder.

Yes and no. He injured his left collar bone in practice last year at WR. He injured his right collar bone in the state game playing QB. He could have easily stepped out of bounds after getting the first down, but thats not William. I'm guessing we'll see a little more caution in the future.

Could be Bobby P., but I like Cameron Smyth who will be a junior. He could be groomed to run the offense for two years (comes from good stock, his Dad was a great player on the 77 title team and went on to play at Kentucky for Claiborne). Cameron moves well and will only get better at throwing the ball under great coaching. I hope Will recovers well from his injury. I like Bobby P. at strong safty and receiver. GO ROCKS!

Could be Bobby P., but I like Cameron Smyth who will be a junior. He could be groomed to run the offense for two years (comes from good stock, his Dad was a great player on the 77 title team and went on to play at Kentucky for Claiborne). Cameron moves well and will only get better at throwing the ball under great coaching. I hope Will recovers well from his injury. I like Bobby P. at strong safty and receiver. GO ROCKS!

You mention good stock, what sport did Mrs. Smyth play in college? What position did his dad play at U of K? Stein should/will be the starting QB next year. Stein is more versatile than the QB's behind him.

You mention good stock, what sport did Mrs. Smyth play in college? What position did his dad play at U of K? Stein should/will be the starting QB next year. Stein is more versatile than the QB's behind him.

Don't forget the Jackson kid from Trinity's Freshman team. That kids got some talent. I could be wrong, but I beleive he has two (2) Toy bowl championships to his name?