The Big Three 2007?

LSURock

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it. It doesn't make any sense, hence my question.

QB's comment on living in the past was a bash that wasn't needed towards someone who was giving the factual historical background on the kids who will make up next year's varsity team. In my opinion for X, the freshman level is probably a slightly better indicator of how the varsity team will look, simply because they have a differnet philosophy than other teams concerning JV. Considering their past records and the amount of quality PT given to a number of players, I expect next year to be a strong squad. I hope we get to see more of Will Simmons, the kid has tremendous speed. What happened to DJ this year? I know he was hurt early. I expect him to be a big time player in the future.

QB's comment on living in the past was a bash that wasn't needed towards someone who was giving the factual historical background on the kids who will make up next year's varsity team. In my opinion for X, the freshman level is probably a slightly better indicator of how the varsity team will look, simply because they have a differnet philosophy than other teams concerning JV. Considering their past records and the amount of quality PT given to a number of players, I expect next year to be a strong squad. I hope we get to see more of Will Simmons, the kid has tremendous speed. What happened to DJ this year? I know he was hurt early. I expect him to be a big time player in the future.

DJ was hurt....he was a great Freshman QB and a very dangerous CB/Safety....he had several INTs as a Frosh. He has the talent to play both...with Zoeller coming back....I wonder if he'll stick with the CB/Safety position or even move to another. He is a very talented athlete. The Brutcher (sp?) kid looked good at QB too.

Who will replace Petrino at QB?

They've got a kid moving up who is very good. I think his name is Stein. IMO T won't miss Petrino at all. Stein will take over with little to no slack. T also has an awesome kicker moving up and another good RB.

Not by much but some of our best QBs have not been over six feet. Stein will bring more speed coming out of the pocket. Nick has been one tuff leader in big games so we will miss that for sure. i think what he has done for two years speaks for itself. I think X felt alot of that this past season, great year but seemed to be missing that one player in the pocket that had lead them so well. sorry name eludes me but that kid could play.

Not by much but some of our best QBs have not been over six feet. Stein will bring more speed coming out of the pocket. Nick has been one tuff leader in big games so we will miss that for sure. i think what he has done for two years speaks for itself. I think X felt alot of that this past season, great year but seemed to be missing that one player in the pocket that had lead them so well. sorry name eludes me but that kid could play.

Are you talking about Brent Curley?

The cool part about next year - I know it's a long ways off. But I was surfing around the KHSAA website and found the playoff matchups for a year from now and I liked what I think I figured out.

X would have to play the Western Kentucky district in the third round

Male would have to play the Hardin Co. district in the third round

Trinity would have to play the Lexington district in the third round

I dunno after that. Confusing to read. It appears X-Male could meet in the SF and then Trinity could be in the finals.

I know a long way off but that's why they are the Big Three.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong!

http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf

The cool part about next year - I know it's a long ways off. But I was surfing around the KHSAA website and found the playoff matchups for a year from now and I liked what I think I figured out.

X would have to play the Western Kentucky district in the third round

IMO if this is correct then X would have the easiest path to the finals.