The Big Three 2007?

LSURock

What does the future hold for the Big Three next year? I'm looking forward to next year for the Rocks. Lots of returning starters and kids that got lots of playing time as underclassmen this season. What is the forecast at H and X?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think X will return some good players and remain as competitve as they have always been. Despite the loss of Anderson, I think they will find another good running back to assist them. I have always felt that if you lose a marquee player you actually may do better because you tend to do more with your offense than focus on that player (plus defenses have a tougher time preparing for more than one athlete). Some schools make the mistake of relying too much on the marquee player which can limit their effectiveness.

Having said that, Male loses a lot of talent this year. I think they will be rebuilding next year but will dominate their district with Southern, Fern Creek and Bullitt Central in the mix just through shear talent.

Additionally, a lot remains to be seen as to whether or not Justin Green is able to play. He has gone back and forth being cleared and not-cleared by doctors and the state after his concussion in 2005. If he is there, he has a year to make up to get back into the swing of things for football, though some athletes can miss a year and not lose a step. If he is back, Male will be tougher. IF not, Im sure they have some Sophomores and Juniors who can step and be effective. I dont think Male will see another Beaumont for a while though Green could have been pretty close. Then again, with Male, it seems like every time a big time player leaves, someone always manages to step up. Just look at their line (Chris Redman, Ibn Green, Tony Driver, Montrell Jones, Chris Barclay, Michael Bush, Doug Beaumont). Year after year..they always find that "guy".

In order, I look at like this

Trinity, St. X, then Male.

^ That's what I see as well...

Though, I want to say this....I think St. Xavier will be very scary next year, as there won't be split carries with Deuce and Vic....Deuce has that body that will flat wear on you for 48 minutes...X will be supremely hungry, and I do see their chemistry being intact next year (not to mention that the kicking game should rebound to be top notch).....X will be darned good, bet on that.

The JV class moving up had an undefeated Freshman year with their defense scoring around 40 points that year. They lost a couple of great players to the varsity team this year and that held them back some....as X does not play varsity sophmores or Juniors on their JV teams.

I look for X to be a very tough defensive team with some great skill players returning...Duece, Simmons, Zoeller, and DJ Hall.

The new football stadium is due to be ready in the early spring...so there is much excitement in the X camp for next year.

Its hard to forecast to much into the future. All three programs will be solid without question in 2007.

WRT X, 2007 will be a big year for the Tigers.

When I say big, I mean, a lot will be at stake. New stadium, several return with significant Varsity experience. After the 2005 and 2006 campaigns, in my mind, the Tigers have some proven to do. Lots of hype went into 2006 and it turned out to be hype. For the Tigers to play for a championship, they must improve in the following areas: Offensive and Defensive line agility and speed, team unity, commitment to acheive the ultimate goal (enthusiam and spunk), Offense must become more multidimentional, LB's must be more agressive, HAVE a kicking game, Special teams need to be special instead of a liability, improve on offensive consistency and learn to take advantage of opponents weaknesses. I know that was a laundry list but that is most of the areas were I observed MAJOR dificiencies. These diffeciencies led to melt downs against Trinity, Male and Male. Im not bashing the kids or coaches, these are my observations of why we are where we are today.

WRT Trinity in 2007, No reason to think that the Rocks will not be in full form next year. They will reload and be succesful in the new district lineup. Could possible be celebrating a State Championship from 2006.

WRT Male in 2007, solid as usual. Not familure with personnel or whom is returning. Could possible be celebrating a State Championship from 2006.

The JV class moving up had an undefeated Freshman year with their defense scoring around 40 points that year. They lost a couple of great players to the varsity team this year and that held them back some....as X does not play varsity sophmores or Juniors on their JV teams.

I look for X to be a very tough defensive team with some great skill players returning...Duece, Simmons, Zoeller, and DJ Hall.

The new football stadium is due to be ready in the early spring...so there is much excitement in the X camp for next year.

I forgot to add that next year's senior class was also undefeated as Freshman....so X will have two undefeated classes (when they were Freshmen) together next year.....

I forgot to add that next year's senior class was also undefeated as Freshman....so X will have two undefeated classes (when they were Freshmen) together next year.....

Boy...do we live in the past. What about their JV career?

QB42, next years senior class went undefeated their freshman year and only had one (1) loss their JV year, that was to Cincinnati Moeller by one (1) touchdown. So they didn’t have an in state loss their freshman or sophomore year.

The exact same thing happened to next years junior class. They went undefeated their freshman year and only had one (1) loss, this year, their JV year, that was also to Cincinnati Moeller by one (1) touchdown. So they didn’t have an in state loss their freshman or sophomore year either.

So, next year these two classes should combine to make for one great St. X Tiger team, but only time will tell.

Xman, This is true as a general rule, but there have been exceptions, even as recent as last years JV team. During the 2004 season there were a couple of varsity sophmores who played JV ball as well.

The exact same thing happened to next years junior class. They went undefeated their freshman year and only had one (1) loss, this year, their JV year, that was also to Cincinnati Moeller by one (1) touchdown. So they didn’t have an in state loss their freshman or sophomore year either.

So, next year these two classes should combine to make for one great St. X Tiger team, but only time will tell.

Am I correct in assuming that "next year's junior class" is this year's sophmore class? If so, didn't they lose by a large margin to Trinity in a JV game? I realize that a number of X's top sophmores were on the varsity but that is true at Trinity as well. I really don't know much about the future at Male, but from everything I'm hearing this is their year. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

QB42, next years senior class went undefeated their freshman year and only had one (1) loss their JV year, that was to Cincinnati Moeller by one (1) touchdown. So they didn’t have an in state loss their freshman or sophomore year.

Xman, This is true as a general rule, but there have been exceptions, even as recent as last years JV team. During the 2004 season there were a couple of varsity sophmores who played JV ball as well.

^I'm sorry Birdie, I thought Trinity JV embarrassed X's JV (which would be X's JR's next year)this year. I must be mistaken. Good luck to you next year.

Am I correct in assuming that "next year's junior class" is this year's sophmore class? If so, didn't they lose by a large margin to Trinity in a JV game? I realize that a number of X's top sophmores were on the varsity but that is true at Trinity as well. I really don't know much about the future at Male, but from everything I'm hearing this is their year. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

LSU you are correct. I stand corrected. Mistakenly I was thinking of this years freshmen class who went 7 and 1, loosing to only Moeller. The current JV class of sophomores, were 6 and 2, loosing to Moeller and Trinity.

This thread is about upcoming classes and what they are capable of...Past records are generally considered as a good barometer....

..JV football at X is a different animal by design....X usually does not play Vasity players...especially ones that get significant time on the JV team.....so even though they both had good JV records....it is hard to use that as a barometer.....

...instead of bashing...try to take the high road....and post about your team instead of attacking other teams....show some class and represent your great school with the honor and respect that they deserve.

This thread is about upcoming classes and what they are capable of...Past records are generally considered as a good barometer....

..JV football at X is a different animal by design....X usually does not play Vasity players...especially ones that get significant time on the JV team.....so even though they both had good JV records....it is hard to use that as a barometer.....

...instead of bashing...try to take the high road....and post about your team instead of attacking other teams....show some class and represent your great school with the honor and respect that they deserve.

Where is the bash? I suggest you don't start an issue where none exists. If the JV isn't a good barometer for future Varsity success, what is?