Cooper at Covington Catholic Predictions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Josh Baker plays like he played two summers ago on the AAU circuit with KY Select he could be the piece that puts Cooper on top in this one. His biggest issue has been consistency but certainly he is one of those players that "fly under the radar" and has a big game and in the end many say they didn't see that coming. He has the capability to do it inside and out but again, consistency has been the big issue this season.

Not to steal the thunder of @JackieMoon, and maybe he had this in there and I missed it, but this will be the 6th Meeting all-time between CovCath and Cooper in Park Hills. The previous 5:

1/10/09 -- CovCath by 34.

1/5/11 -- CovCath by 3.

2/5/13 -- Cooper by 16.

2/10/15 -- CovCath by 19.

1/18/17 -- CovCath by 3.

I only covered the last 2 seasons in which they have played 5 times which makes your math a little off.

I think with Davin out for Cov Cath who steps up handling the ball and running the offense? Who for Cov Cath becomes an outside threat? I like Jalen Boles game, his shooting has improved but he doesn’t have the playing time Davin has gotten this year and last.

Blaine Walter being out for Cooper I think Spencer, Houston, and Deere step up in scoring. Especially Deere and Spencer. I look for Centers to get some points along with Baker...Baker might actually be the bigger factor for Cooper. If Thelen or Fleek guard him he is athletic enough to go at them. Houston vs Green in my opinion is even, Deere vs Fleek...I’m going with Deere’s shooting.

So, long way of saying it...I think Davin being out for Cov Cath is a bigger loss than Walter being out for Cooper.

I would like like to know what happened to both, I don’t recall reading in the threads about their injuries.

I've saw Walters wearing a boot, but was off at the SK game.

Not to steal the thunder of @JackieMoon, and maybe he had this in there and I missed it, but this will be the 6th Meeting all-time between CovCath and Cooper in Park Hills. The previous 5:

1/10/09 -- CovCath by 34.

1/5/11 -- CovCath by 3.

2/5/13 -- Cooper by 16.

2/10/15 -- CovCath by 19.

1/18/17 -- CovCath by 3.

I wouldn't read too much into the '09 stat as that would be the first season for Cooper and they were running around with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores playing varsity but since then these teams have had some good battles at CCH. I expect tomorrow will be another good one.

Question, will there be a live feed of this game? I know CCH stated they were going to have live feeds of the home basketball games, but I am yet to have seen them put this plan in action. Anyone in the know, have any idea if this is still the plan or have they scrapped that plan and just do the internet broadcast?