Clemson/Alabama Updates

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the one thing this game is showing. Is that Notre Dame did in deed belong. They just happened to be playing by far the best team in the country in Clemson. Right now Clemson is putting it on the team people said all year couldn't be beat.

The ND defense was legit. No doubt about it. The offense just doesn’t seem on the same level as the other 3 playoff teams. But outside of these 2 teams every single team had noticeable flaws. ND struggled offensively at times. Oklahoma and Ohio State didn’t play defense. Georgia was probably the most well balanced of the rest of the group, but they had their chance and lost their 2 biggest games (now 3 biggest games of the year). Does ND belong with Clemson and Alabama? No. Did they belong in the playoff? Yes.

Just go ahead and pencil Clemson into the playoff next year as the 1 seed. Obviously with this young talent they would be heavy favorites in every game anyways, but I just peeked at that schedule and yikes. Texas A&M at home is the only game I see that could even possibly challenge them.

Just ABSOLUTELY OUT COACHED. I can't remember ever seeing a Nick Saban coached Alabama team look this bad. A lot of it has been the scheme and play calling of Clemson.

It has that feeling that the constant assistant coach carousel for Alabama due to their overwhelming success has finally caught up to them.