Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville 57 Mercer County 49

Featured Replies

Final from Mercer County.

 

 

Danville looking good early this season.

Good win ADS!

  • Author

It’ll be interesting to watch Danville this season. I liked how their offense looked at times as they worked to get the ball into the paint for easy baskets. They have the height and athleticism to score in the paint at will. If they can continue to do that and control the game and the tempo of the games.....

Was Kaelin Drakeford back for Mercer? If so how did he look?

  • Author

He did play tonight. He looked healthy. You could tell it was his first game. He’ll be fine though. Too much of a natural athlete. Mercer will have a nice trio of Baughman, Lewis and Drakeford.

 

 

Tonight was the first time I have seen the Yeast kid. He looks like a running back.

Danville will be team to beat in 45th.

 

Agree, they do look the part so far, not just for the 45th but for the entire 12th Region. But even though Wayne dropped a tough one to Pulaski tonight, I think they will provide a challenge for Danville on Friday. I'd put Lincoln and Wayne just a notch below Danville, with Drakeford now healthy I see Mercer being in that second group also. 4-team race right now with Danville separating themselves a bit.

Boyle is tbd for later, they may join that party in January, and I'd put West on the outside looking in. I'd like to do an advance tickets purchase for the 45th, should be epic.

I don't think any of the teams mentioned are untouchable. Prove---A non talked about Pulaski Co. team goes down to Wayne Co. and gets a huge W. I wouldn't write anyone off in early Dec.

I was impressed more with Danville's defense than offense. I think that is what would make them a region contender. Thornton seemed to be the only one that could create his own shot. St Martin scored mostly with put backs or getting dished the ball on uncontested layups on the block. I have not seen him make a move to score much. He has a decent outside shot. Credit to Danville they scored a lot of points from offensive rebounds.

I was impressed more with Danville's defense than offense. I think that is what would make them a region contender. Thornton seemed to be the only one that could create his own shot. St Martin scored mostly with put backs or getting dished the ball on uncontested layups on the block. I have not seen him make a move to score much. He has a decent outside shot. Credit to Danville they scored a lot of points from offensive rebounds.

 

Dontae Hayden can create his own shot and has unlimited range. He's their best scorer.

Dontae Hayden can create his own shot and has unlimited range. He's their best scorer.

Yeah he has a nice shot. He has scored 30 of his 51 points from 3 and all 12 points last night were 3's. Seems content to stay outside the 3 point line for the most part. Danville has balanced scoring which is also what is needed to be a region contender.

Danville's JV team won the region last year and it looks like those young kids are getting playing time now and it's reaping dividends. Good region wins to start the year with this and the win over West Jessamine. Should be an exciting season!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.