• USC with winner of Mich/OSU
    • SEC champ with winner of Mich/OSU
    • one of the two remaining unbeaten teams with winner of M/OSU
    • other

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, as the numbers go, they are right in it....if Cal beats USC, and Arkansas loses to LSU, then beats Florida...boy, oh boy, you can bet the echoes will be screaming to get in.

As will be my mantra in weeks to come, the regular season games have to mean something. If ND gets in over a 1 loss UM or OSU team(unless OSU gets waxed like ND did) then it is a travesty IMO.

Not really, as the numbers go, they are right in it....if Cal beats USC, and Arkansas loses to LSU, then beats Florida...boy, oh boy, you can bet the echoes will be screaming to get in.

That's a lot of IF's. And I don't care if the Gipper screams till he's green in the face, they still got waxed, at home, by UM. Along with near losses against GT, MSU, and UCLA. As I've said before, I think in this scenario ND loses no matter who wins the OSU/UM game. I think their best chance is to beat USC convincingly and for OSU to lose convincingly, along with the Arkansas/Florida/LSU scenario.

The SEC presents too many problems with teams beating each other and Arkansas getting drummed by USC in their opener. I'd like to see Rutgers get a shot, but that won't happen with their weak schedule. Only team that will really "deserve" to be there over any other team is the Michigan/OSU winner.

That's a lot of IF's. And I don't care if the Gipper screams till he's green in the face, they still got waxed, at home, by UM. Along with near losses against GT, MSU, and UCLA. As I've said before, I think in this scenario ND loses no matter who wins the OSU/UM game. I think their best chance is to beat USC convincingly and for OSU to lose convincingly, along with the Arkansas/Florida/LSU scenario.

I dont know why people keep bring up ND beating GT as a bad thing. The win over GT was a good win. If I'm not mistaken GT is in the ACC title game, and if they win that they will be in a BCS bowl. So that could end up being one win for ND against a BCS bowl team, then if Notre Dame beats USC that would be 2 wins against BCS bowl teams, and with their only loss coming to another BCS bowl team...So I dont know about you but that ends up looking like a pretty good resume to me, because Im pretty sure not many other teams would have 2 wins against BCS bowl teams...